"PAPER Target Hole Punching

A place to discuss new ideas, thoughts, and chat about existing competitions.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
"PAPER Target Hole Punching

Post by zunmik » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:05 pm

On line Competitions usually involve downloading a target on to paper which when shot @ tears badly with pistol power guns, thus making accurate scoring a nightmare. I get round this by gluing all my targets on to cardboard i use wall paper paste just mixing half a cup @ a time, and do several targets @ one session they dry in an hour or two, i keep these for actual comp targets & put up with the tearing on practice targets the cardboard comes from boxes such as you get from "amazon"  or cereal boxes or any boxes big enough up to 3 ply card board thickness. The target is atached to my target box with a bulldog clip.
The target box is 14" high x 10" wide x 18" deep (36cm x 26cm x 46cm) the back half of the box is packed with old telephone books, argos catalouges etc (the front half the face you shoot at) is loosely packed with old newspapers magazines or leaflets, this will safely stop pellets up to 12ftlbs energy. From time to time you replace the front section + empty out the used pellets. safe & happy shooting , M. :)
PS: the box itself is just a 3ply cardboard & will last a year or so after each session i put brown packing tape over the holes on the front face.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Adam77K
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Adam77K » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:41 pm

I just use "Pritt stick" or similar on cereal boxes.  I find anything over 3 ft.lbs gives pretty good neat holes.  Lower power guns tear a bit but often with wadcutters, the lead on the nose will mark the paper enough to score.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:26 pm

Good idea.

I buy card from The Works, and print my targets directly onto this.

Holes are still jagged, though, but my Eagle Eye gauge allows for accurate scoring.

Paper targets are held onto my metal back plate with magnets. Holes tend to be round, but over sized with this method. Again, the Eagle Eye comes in handy.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Appinpar68
Plinker
Plinker

Targets

Post by Appinpar68 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:57 pm

I print onto card then attatch card to a cardboard box filled with cardboard and paper. Found paper tears too easily - cheap A4 card is ideal and you get neat holes making scoring easier