Paper Bell Target Rifle Competition

A place to discuss new ideas, thoughts, and chat about existing competitions.

Moderators: SysAdmin, zunmik, pmh

Paper Bell Target Rifle Competition

Postby pmh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:30 pm

Zunmik has come up with the rather good idea of a Paper Bell Target Rifle Competition, consisting of 2 x 6 shot rounds, with 1 sighter per round.

I will try and modify the bell target I have already posted to see how many target faces I can get on a single sheet.

Anybody interested?

Kind regards,



Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<
User avatar
pmh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:07 pm
Location: Bury, Lancashire

Postby Tank » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:57 pm

I would definately be up for that. Right now I shoot three weeks out of four in online comps but nothing with a rifle so this would be great.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
User avatar
Tank
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:08 pm
Location: Manchester

Bell target comp

Postby zunmik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:05 pm

I will be up for it, but we will have to wait a week or two to see if enough interested, M.  :)
Swiss Arms TG1,~ S.G.S Duo 300, P900 IGT,Stoeger XP4, G0JVB ex G6MUI.
User avatar
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:22 pm
Location: ilkeston

Postby Plinkit » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:10 pm

Sounds great Phil. What specs are you considering for the rifle? And what distance for the comp?

My Crosman 101 is unused at the mo. (Well all my rifles and pistols are unused at the mo but I am working towards getting them all back in service soon, back to the UBC I guess  :D )
>>>This space has been reserved for a witty signature<<<
User avatar
Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:34 pm
Location: Cleethorpes

Postby pmh » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:16 pm

I was going to leave the detail to debate and consensus of opinion.

As many will not doubt use their Bell Target Rifle, it would be wise to keep the distance at 6 yards, as this will be the distance they are sighted in at.

Kind regards,



Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<
User avatar
pmh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:07 pm
Location: Bury, Lancashire

Postby Plinkit » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:28 pm

pmh:2164 wrote:I was going to leave the detail to debate and consensus of opinion.

As many will not doubt use their Bell Target Rifle, it would be wise to keep the distance at 6 yards, as this will be the distance they are sighted in at.

Kind regards,



Phil


Ahh right Bell Target Rifle.  :wink:  Don't have one, count me out then.
>>>This space has been reserved for a witty signature<<<
User avatar
Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:34 pm
Location: Cleethorpes

Postby pmh » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Most bell target rifles are target rifles sighted in at 6 yards.

Doesn't have to be any rifle in particular, any rifle will do, as long you can hit the target and you have a good time.

So, no reason to exclude yourself.

Kind regards,



Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<
User avatar
pmh
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1803
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:07 pm
Location: Bury, Lancashire

Bell target comp

Postby zunmik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:39 pm

I've done a trial run today, using  Phill's paper targets, due to time constraints i used ordinary paper for the targets (a 1" square piece of gaffer tape firmly stuck to the back enabled clean holes for scoring) it went well though it would be better if their were 4 targets for scoring when you have a tight cluster of shots. I think as far as possible we should stick to standard bell target rules. M.
Swiss Arms TG1,~ S.G.S Duo 300, P900 IGT,Stoeger XP4, G0JVB ex G6MUI.
User avatar
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:22 pm
Location: ilkeston

Postby zunmik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Plinkit:2165 wrote:
pmh:2164 wrote:I was going to leave the detail to debate and consensus of opinion.

As many will not doubt use their Bell Target Rifle, it would be wise to keep the distance at 6 yards, as this will be the distance they are sighted in at.

Kind regards,



Phil


Ahh right Bell Target Rifle.  :wink:  Don't have one, count me out then.
Mostly i use a baikal izh61 springer rifle at the club & get similar scores to what i get with a walther target rifle so i use the baikal most of all. M.  :)
Swiss Arms TG1,~ S.G.S Duo 300, P900 IGT,Stoeger XP4, G0JVB ex G6MUI.
User avatar
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
 
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:22 pm
Location: ilkeston

Postby Plinkit » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:00 pm

I had a go at bell target the other year at the Shooting Show (before it became another property of the Midlands) and the rifle that was used was an AA S200 with diopter sights, will pcp's be allowed?
>>>This space has been reserved for a witty signature<<<
User avatar
Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:34 pm
Location: Cleethorpes

Next

Return to Competition Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron