Paper Bell Target Rifle Competition

A place to discuss new ideas, thoughts, and chat about existing competitions.

Moderators: SysAdmin, zunmik, pmh

Postby zunmik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Plinkit:2169 wrote:I had a go at bell target the other year at the Shooting Show (before it became another property of the Midlands) and the rifle that was used was an AA S200 with diopter sights, will pcp's be allowed?
As far as i know any type is ok as long as its .177, my club allows open sights, diopters, + non magnifying red dot sights, different members shoot all types, spring co2 pcp ssp etc, old or modern, M. :)
Swiss Arms TG1,~ S.G.S Duo 300, P900 IGT,Stoeger XP4, etc, G0JVB ex G6MUI.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Postby Plinkit » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Cheers M

So an old open sight (peep hole) MSP will be ok then.  8)

Sh1t just realised its a .22  :cry:

How about a Walther underlever??
>>>This space has been reserved for a witty signature<<<
Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker

Postby zunmik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Plinkit:2171 wrote:Cheers M

So an old open sight (peep hole) MSP will be ok then.  8)

Sh1t just realised its a .22  :cry:

How about a Walther underlever??
Make type don't matter thats the beauty of the sport just .177 & no tele sights , hope your keeping well
Mike.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Postby Plinkit » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 pm

zunmik:2172 wrote: Make type don't matter thats the beauty of the sport just .177 & no tele sights.

Brilliant, just need to know the rest of the rules  :wink:

zunmik:2172 wrote:  hope your keeping well

Thanks for asking same as most it seems 'pretty cr4p' but not going to let it get me down  :)
Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker

Postby pmh » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:52 pm

I think I might be able to get 6 faces per target sheet, and a sighter, so that would mean 2 x target sheets per entry.

This would mean excluding some of the outer rings, just would need to agree the scoring.

I would include score fractions so that .22 rifles could be used, which would handicap them in a way, as they are less likely to get a clean hit on the centre.

My suggested scoring would be:-

5.2 - Clean hit on centre (no line breaks)
5.0 - Centre hit (line break)
4.0 - Within first outer ring
3.0 - Within second outer ring

Upward scoring.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<
pmh
Site Admin

Postby zunmik » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:07 pm

pmh:2174 wrote:I think I might be able to get 6 faces per target sheet, and a sighter, so that would mean 2 x target sheets per entry.

This would mean excluding some of the outer rings, just would need to agree the scoring.

I would include score fractions so that .22 rifles could be used, which would handicap them in a way, as they are less likely to get a clean hit on the centre.

My suggested scoring would be:-

5.2 - Clean hit on centre (no line breaks)
5.0 - Centre hit (line break)
4.0 - Within first outer ring
3.0 - Within second outer ring

Upward scoring.

Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

Phil
I am doubtfull about 5 ring scoring & 6 yds with a rifle allowing line breaks to score 5 is out side bell target norm's & at 6 yds most shots would be clustered here so it might be diffacult to separate a winner, M.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Postby pmh » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Come on chaps, let's hear your thoughts on scoring.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<
pmh
Site Admin

Postby Plinkit » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:22 pm

zunmik:2175 wrote: I am doubtfull about 5 ring scoring & 6 yds with a rifle allowing line breaks to score 5 is out side bell target norm's & at 6 yds most shots would be clustered here so it might be diffacult to separate a winner, M.

I was under the impression M that P's target was going to be a one shot per target affair with 6 targets per sheet.

As regards the scoring it seems ok to me but i'm no expert. However are you suggesting that there will only be 2 outer scoring rings with your proposed target?
Plinkit
Plinker
Plinker

Postby zunmik » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Plinkit:2201 wrote:
zunmik:2175 wrote: I am doubtfull about 5 ring scoring & 6 yds with a rifle allowing line breaks to score 5 is out side bell target norm's & at 6 yds most shots would be clustered here so it might be diffacult to separate a winner, M.

I was under the impression M that P's target was going to be a one shot per target affair with 6 targets per sheet.

As regards the scoring it seems ok to me but i'm no expert. However are you suggesting that there will only be 2 outer scoring rings with your proposed target?
I'm no longer sure myself i originally suggested online bell target it seems to have evolved to something like a ubc fun shoot so i will withdraw from this comp idea, the pistol shoot appears to have sadly stopped i still can't find round 3 results?. If a rifle shoot does happen people must make it what suits the majority, M.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Postby Tank » Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:20 pm

zunmik:2203 wrote: I'm no longer sure myself i originally suggested online bell target it seems to have evolved to something like a ubc fun shoot so i will withdraw from this comp idea, the pistol shoot appears to have sadly stopped i still can't find round 3 results?. If a rifle shoot does happen people must make it what suits the majority, M.

No, I do not believe that to be the case at all. What Phil proposed, and I agree, was to print six targets to a sheet of A4 paper so there is no doubt about the scores - a point I believe you made earlier.
I personally do not do "fun shoots". Having said that, I try not to take myself too seriously either.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
Tank
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PreviousNext

Return to Competition Chat