How hight 6m target

A place to discuss new ideas, thoughts, and chat about existing competitions.
Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker
How hight 6m target

Post by Thirdwheel » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:59 am

I know a 10m target should be 1.4m high to the centre but how high should a 6m target be working on the same simmilar triangle it should be higher. I'm trying very hard to improve and want to try and get as mant things as right as poss. I've now got two springers comming my way and hope to convert to one of them asap to keep with the spirit of the mpl comp. The Webley alecto is growing on me though apart from it's un ergonmic cocking and loading method and its butch looks.

Thirdwheel

pmh
Site Admin

Re: How hight 6m target

Post by pmh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:59 pm

Good question.

I presume 1.4m also, as the shooting ground is usually flat and the pistol held at approximate straight arm shoulder height.

I don't have a set height for my 6 yard though, I just set it at a comfortable height.

I do find it uncomfortable if the target is too low though, it is better go a bit higher for me.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 am

The height at 6 yards? It all depend how tall you are. Taller will shoot down hill and shorter folk up hill on a 10 mt at 1.4 mts. Get some one to measure your muzzle height when you shoot ten metres, then you can either calculate for the other distance (if you love maths!) or get some one to measure the same muzzle height for six yards.
I have the same hassle with getting shooters dry firing at home on a proportional target as they always forget the hight will be in relation to their height and wonder why they don't feel comfortable.
Good shooting
Robin

Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Thirdwheel » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Thanks robin and phil
I thought I should ask in case there was a rule, I will use a bit of maths to work out the height for me to keep it to the same angle as 10m.

Best cheers
george