British Championships 2014

A place to discuss new ideas, thoughts, and chat about existing competitions.
RobinC
British Championships 2014

Post by RobinC » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:27 am

I know you guys love collecting , but are any of you considering shooting at the British Championships in Feb at Bisley?
There has been at least one FWB 300 and the odd FWB65 amongst the PCP's and also the odd SSP in the last couple of years.
There are classes in the aggregates for you all, I shall be there, not shooting but coaching and hand holding our club members, if any wishes to go and is nervous of what it entails, I'm happy to help.
How about getting out and joining the party, the atmosphere is magic.
Robin

pmh
Site Admin

Re: British Championships 2014

Post by pmh » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks to Robin for mentioning this, and it raises an interesting point.

Many forums do involve members talking about the guns they own, along with technical advice on maintenance, but very few threads are on the actual shooting of the guns.

The future of the sport certainly relies on attendance at competitions and I suppose we should attend as many as we can.

I have only recently started shooting comps, most of which are postal, and I do admit ignorance to where the "turn up to shoot" competitions are and the etiquette, etc, required on the day.

Hopefully, with the help of Robin, we should be able to identify competitions that are within reasonable reach of members and encourage them to take part.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Thirdwheel » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:16 am

Robin
What a good idea = but as you mention I'm one of those that know nothing about how to go about getting an entry. I've just been drawn into competition shooting by comming across and competing in the postal 6yd mpl and loving it. I try and shoot every day and improve and I'm looking for a direction and things to do to push myself but I'm not very good yet. I have started going along to a local shooting club in Deal but I'm the only one one with an air pistol the rest shoot very loud stuff but they are a nice bunch and let me put up a 10m target on the 25m range and I've entered into a inter kent postal league that the club shoots, that kicks off next week.
Bisley is not far from me and I'm up for comming last! so why not, I will learn something.
What do I need to do?

George

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:27 pm

Hi George
Drop me an email [email protected] and I'll forward on the entry form and book, which they have just updated and sent out this morning.
Best regards
Robin