GATS : A Guide to Junior Push-in-pop-out Airguns

A place to recommend a good airgun related book, or an article in a magazine, etc.
pmh
Site Admin
GATS : A Guide to Junior Push-in-pop-out Airguns

Post by pmh » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:36 pm

GATS : A Guide to Junior Push-in-pop-out Airguns by Malcolm Atkins.

Available in paperback or a Kindle download.

A fascinating book covering many makes and models.

It is full of interesting information and photographs.

I have had many good conversations with the author, via e-mail, and he is a very nice and informative chap.

Book Description (from Amazon)

'GAT' is a generic term used to cover a multitude of push in barrel cheap and not so cheap junior air pistols from many manufacturers. For more than a century they provided children and adults with endless amusement at very low cost. Because of their perceived cheapness very little has been written in detail about these pistols and this book is an attempt to redress that balance. The author has been shooting since the age of eight, when he obtained a cut down 9mm garden gun for rat reduction and progressed through the following fifty odd years to shooting everything from airguns, pistols, rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders, cannon and sub-machine guns, even with all that there is a still a huge amount of enjoyment to be had from a fine day in the back garden with a junior air pistol and a handful of pellets and targets.

Book Details (from Amazon)

Paperback: 188 pages
Publisher: Upfront Publishing (20 Jan 2012)
ISBN-10: 1780352255
ISBN-13: 978-1780352251
Product Dimensions: 21 x 14.8 x 1.2 cm

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<