Target pistol shooting - Eliminating the Variables

A place to recommend a good airgun related book, or an article in a magazine, etc.
Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker
Target pistol shooting - Eliminating the Variables

Post by Thirdwheel » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:41 am

As I'm having fun getting back into target shooting after a rather a long absence I thought I should "mug up" on it. There is a lot of good information on the web but I do like books!! So not only have I been buying a few pistols I've bought a few old books too, and very readable they are too, and I've learned lots as well as giving me inspiration to do better.

Target Pistol shooting - eliminating the variables, P. C. Freeman. published 1981. Slimish hard back that looks all of the things that can be focused on to obtain a reliable shot. Very useful for air pistol as it is not really going into different types of shooting but looking at stance, phychology, grip etc. Very glad I bought it and read it straight through without putting it down. I'm a sad person as I would rather read instruction books than any great novel.

Pistol Shooting, Dr Laslo Antal, a know the game booklet (KTG) Second edition 1982. A soft back primer for the first steps into pistol shooting, a great little book from a super sports series but then I'm biased - my father inlaw drew many of the sketches for the other books in the series - football, swimming etc. The book deals with all of the nitty gritty to get into the sport, deals with the now banned pistols too but all good info for us old springers.

Complete Pistol shooting Dr Laslo Antal, first edition 1983, A hard back book covering all of the shooting disciplines at the time. Because of this a lot of the book is not so useful but is interesting in it's own right. It covers all of the usual areas but leads you into the deeper areas of physiology, psychology and fitness needed to reach higher levels of achivement. Again I could not put it down as it was quite well written and very logical and referenced well.

Bought all of the above off the bay for very little cash, but I have seen the last one for rather more than I paid for it. While searching Amzon I found a new one for over - well you have a look!!!!

Best Cheers
George