New - Heavy Duty Ballistic Target Holder

Postal competitions using spring, SSP, or MSP air pistols, that can be shot at home or in a club.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
New - Heavy Duty Ballistic Target Holder

Post by zooma » Tue May 14, 2013 5:22 pm

New – Ballistic Target Holder.

This superb new heavy duty target holder takes standard sized 6 1/4” x 6 1/4” paper targets and can be easily hung on a suitable screw or nail driven into the wall with the slotted rear mounting position, or stood on a wall or table on its firm flat base.

The target holder is constructed from heavy duty steel that has been galvanized to ensure a long rust-free life if used in the garage or loft, or an extended life outdoors - although it is still better to bring it inside when you have finished with it as it is a very desirable piece of kit!

The swinging back-plate is well housed inside the box and acts like a ballistic sledge – killing the force of the pellet as the energy is dissipated as it try's to swing the hinged steel plate backwards.

The swinging “ballistic” plate can be used with or without the supplied foam “silencer” block dropped in behind it, although we have used it without and still found the heavy steel construction deadens the sound to the extent that it is not offensive or likely to annoy.

The hooded top is also hinged at the rear and can be swung up and backwards if the hood is not needed to to help load targets or to tip out the shot pellets.

Our testing has shown this to be by far the best target holder we have ever used, and when a target is fitted the spent pellets fall harmlessly and are contained inside the target holder box.

A good solid buy at £29.99 (including 20% vat).
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: New - Heavy Duty Ballistic Target Holder

Post by pmh » Tue May 14, 2013 5:59 pm

A review of this can be found >here<.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 pm

Thats a good price for this kind of thing

Looking forward to getting my hands on one!

zooma

Post by zooma » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:20 am

I thought I would shoot my 6yard postal cards in my RedRob bell target as it has target holding grooves of the correct size and I had used it before many times - and it just happened to be set up ready for use in a convenient place.

Since I last shot any cards in it, I had fitted the RMTC illuminated hood - a bonus I thought.

I noticed that it was not quite so easy to get the target into the holders due to the fixed hood and continued to shoot my first card.

When I came to remove my card the fixed hood was a real pain as I tore my card on its edges trying to get it out again.

Not a major problem - but the edges of this card now look a little "battle worn" so I swopped back to my ballistic target holder that is now also illuminated but has the hinged top that makes target removal simple and causes no damage.

I also noticed just how quiet the ballistic target holder was in comparison - no bell ringing was used in this comparison - just the sound of the pellets thudding against the solid steel target face as opposed to them hitting the swinging backplate of the ballistic target holder. This can be a major consideration when shooting at home !

Lesson learnt!
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Thirdwheel » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:41 pm

Recived my pellet catcher yeterday - super service and it is a great bit of kit.
I've tuned it a bit already to :
Make it make less noise and hold practice paper targets of the air 8 that I'm printing.
Using some very dense industrial carpet with a rubber backing - not the foam kind but the heavy kind I cut two squares to glue to the back of the swinger plate. I used spray contact glue. I then cut a piece to fit in the back holder and punched a hole in it with a wad cutter where the mounting screw is and then spray glued it in the back of the catcher. I aimed to reduce the ringing of the plate and catcher body by doing this and it works well. I'm looking for a little bit of silicone tubing to go over the pivot points to insulate noise transfer at this point.
Degreased the outside sides and stuck self adhesive magnetic strip down the outside front edges - I used 20mm wide stuff. I cut two more lengths of magnetic strip to stick to this and trap the printing paper targets. works a treat! Now to find a simple led strip light in the lid and I will be there. I so have lots of self adhesive led strips that I can cut and apply but they are 12V but I'm going to make it self contained if I can.
now off to scrounge some tubing.

Thirdwheel

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:06 pm

There are a few other threads on this target holder which you may find useful:-

>here< and >here<

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Thirdwheel » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Thanks for the links I'd seen one but not the lighting one - I will design and make a sytem next week once I've tried out my stip LED's at 9v but I've lots of other options to mull over. Used it a lot now with paper targets and it's a great bit of kit and very pleased with it - it just works.

George