Shot my first card today.

Postal competitions using spring, SSP, or MSP air pistols, that can be shot at home or in a club.
Planteater
Shot my first card today.

Post by Planteater » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:52 pm

OK, so this is a bit harder than it looks. Scoring circles are significantly smaller than UBC 6yd target but the biggest problem for me was the low contrast (dark grey on cream). Quite difficult for my ageing eyes in my gloomy cellar. Off to Ikea this weekend for some cheap spotlights!

Great quality target cards though with easy-to-score clean holes.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Shot my first card today.

Post by Ian » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:00 pm

Good man!

I know what you mean about illumination - I have a well let garage but have found additional LED illumination built into the target holder a real help

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Some cheap LED torches from Wilkinsons, or somewhere similar, do a very good job.

Easy to fasten to an upright with tie wraps too.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Nyctophiliac

Post by Nyctophiliac » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:22 pm

Ha! I'm glad we all have a similar problem.

My garage has a large skylight, but I still aim the headlamp of my bicycle onto the targets. Makes it so less straining on my eyes.

I also seem to be better with glasses rather than contacts, but that could just be because I tend not to blink as I aim, and with arms as shaky as mine, that can take a while.

Haven't dived in to any but the practise targets yet. But maybe this weekend I will pluck up the courage to face down my fear of an all white round!!!

I have also noticed that generally before I pull the trigger I know if it will be a good shot or not. But it is very hard to put the gun down and re-aim before firing.

I guess scoring well is more about the shots you don't take, than the ones you do.

Just call me Obi-Wan Nycto!

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Well I was shooting some competition targets last night (for a different league). I had not realised but the air cylinder was nearly empty and for the preceeding couple of practice cards I had been elevating the sights, little did I realise (this gun is very new to me) that I was merely compensating for lack of power.
I looked at the first card and both Phil and I realised something was wrong, you can clearly see the jagged holes in the card. I immediately swapped the cylinders over and produced a group out in the number four ring at twelve o'clock :shock:
The next couple of cards I adjusted the sights back to where they should have been but by then it was all over, I produced some horrendous scores :oops:
Really I should have stopped and continued another time, but you know, we all have good days and we all have bad days, Yesterday was one of my worst days. But you move on, put it down to experience and hope never to make that mistake again. You don't jump off a bridge over it!

:D
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/