Diana Model 6 Cutaway

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Mattdale
Diana Model 6 Cutaway

Post by Mattdale » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Hi there,
I thought you guys might be interested in a cutaway Model 6 I recently bought online from Germany.
It was a bit of a gamble as the picture on the auction site was a bit blurry and the description was pretty vague but I’m really happy with it.
You can cock and fire it and the GISS system is a marvellous mechanism to see in action. By lucky chance a cutaway of the HW70 came up a few days later so I got that too as a comparison.
The seller said he got it direct from Diana. I’ve contacted them to see if they can shed any light on it but it’s been very professionally done, unlike the HW70 which is obviously an enthusiast’s Home project.
I think I’ll avoid firing it too much if I can resist.
Do you see many of these?

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm87YPU3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I’ll do a YouTube film of it in action and post the link.

Cheers,
Matt.

Matt.

Dave49

Re: Diana Model 6 Cutaway

Post by Dave49 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 am

In a way it’s a pity to see the pistol cut up like this BUT wow what a fantastic piece in pristine condition. An excellent reference for anyone doing a strip down.
Well done for acquiring this, I look forward to seeing more whenever you can.

Mattdale

Post by Mattdale » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:30 am

After a bit of research and emailing I just got this email from Diana Air guns in Germany:

'we hereby confirm that the cutaway DIANA Model 6 air pistol number 032233 was made by DIANA for display in the DIANA Headquarters showroom in Rastatt.'
:)
After the factory in Rastatt closed down in 2015 all the models from the showroom were sold on by Diana's new parent company GSB GMBH, this Model 6 cutaway found its way onto egun.

This is a little bit of Diana history and I'm very pleased to have come across it.

Excellent history of Diana & factory by Garvin:
https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.com ... n-factory/

Cheers,
Matt.

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Sat May 19, 2018 9:21 am

WOW!!!! I don't understand much German but the history article was truly fascinating, the photos themselves tell a powerful story. The cutaway Mod. 6 is indeed excellent and being able to still operate it, says much about the person who did the machining; I have a cutaway starting pistol from the Webley & Scott company, which is small potatoes compared to the Mod 6; also there are cutaway versions of a Webley Hawk III or Vulcan and a Hurricane pistol, possibly on display at the National Shooting Centre. Aldersley .Wolverhampton.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:40 pm

Excellent.

I didn’t realise that the transfer port was angled upwards. Wonder if there is a specific reason for this.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<