Crosman 150

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Crosman 150

Post by Certus » Sun May 04, 2014 1:26 pm

Hello,

I'm a die hard spring powered air pistol collector who recently bought a Crosman 600 .22 Sem-automatic Co2 pistol just for fun. I must admit to being really impressed with the ingenuity and reliability of this design, particularly given that it was made back in the 1960s. I was so impressed infact that I have now added this Crosman 150 single shot .22 pistol to my collection.

The 150 was made from the late fifties until the mid sixties and is of all steel construction with a rifled .22 barrel. The pistol is quite powerful and will deliver between 30-40 full power very accurate pellets from a standard Co2 capsule. Unlike most pistols of this kind, it has a substantial rear sight which can be adjusted for windage by loosening a screw and re-tightening after moving in the desired direction. One of the things I like most is pulling the cocking latch back between shots which reminds me of cocking my 9mm semi-auto pistol back in the days before the ban.

A very nice little pistol which is capable of good accuracy as well as providing great informal target shooting
fun.

P.S. Iv'e just searched and found 'Leonardjs' previous excellent posts relating to the 150. which only enhanced my appreciation of these fine little pistols.

Regards

Brian
Last edited by Certus on Sun May 04, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Crosman 150

Post by pmh » Sun May 04, 2014 1:55 pm

Excellent pistols indeed, and ones which keep their value.

Some target clubs are quite snobbish regarding the guns which are allowed on range, and this had put some people of owning them.

To most, using them is as much a part of owning them.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

gab
Plinker
Plinker

Post by gab » Sun May 04, 2014 8:45 pm

I too have a Crosman 150. It looks the same as yours. Mine was made in Dunnville, Ontario, Canada. While I own several CO2 guns, the 150 is my favourite to plink with. Leondarj resealed it for me about two years ago. They are well made guns and should offer many more years of service.

While I was tempted by another Crosman 150 (with brown grips) at a gun show today, a .177 BSA Scorpion MK II went home with me. I'm surprised with both the power and accuracy of the Scorpion. It came with a red dot sight rather than the original rear sight. The original foresight is still on the gun. This is my first experience with the red dot type of sight. I haven't made up my mind yet if I like the red dot, but being the traditional sort will try to find an original rear sight.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun May 04, 2014 8:55 pm

I do like the BSA Scorpion, which is basically, a cut down Meteor.

If I see a good boxed example in .177 I'll certainly pick it up, price dependant of course.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Sun May 04, 2014 9:19 pm

gab wrote:I too have a Crosman 150. It looks the same as yours. Mine was made in Dunnville, Ontario, Canada. While I own several CO2 guns, the 150 is my favourite to plink with. Leondarj resealed it for me about two years ago. They are well made guns and should offer many more years of service.

While I was tempted by another Crosman 150 (with brown grips) at a gun show today, a .177 BSA Scorpion MK II went home with me. I'm surprised with both the power and accuracy of the Scorpion. It came with a red dot sight rather than the original rear sight. The original foresight is still on the gun. This is my first experience with the red dot type of sight. I haven't made up my mind yet if I like the red dot, but being the traditional sort will try to find an original rear sight.
Hi gab,

The Scorpion is indeed a very powerful pistol and would normally be more my sort of thing, but the 150 seems equally powerful and a good deal easier to shoot accurately. I have used red dot sights when rapid target acquisition is needed, but much prefer shooting with standard open sights. The sights on the 150 are excellent and the pistol sits nicely in the hand which always helps with maintaining a consistent hold. I have heard of the Canadian 150s and seen pictures in leonardj's very informative post. I am so pleased with this pistol that I'm planning to find a Benjamin 262 to keep it company.

Regards

Brian