FAS 6004 - arrival imminent.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Adam77K
Plinker
Plinker
Re: FAS 6004 - arrival imminent.

Post by Adam77K » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Nice comparison shot there, showing what looks like a significantly longer stroke on the FAS. What is the power on the new FAS? I recall the old one being about the same as the HW75/HW40.

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Im sorry ADAM77K but I cant help you with your query re the power. Mines gone back to the importers via the retailers. :doh: I hope to receive either another make of pistol or a credit note. I certainly DONT want another FAS6004. :hand: I.M.O. the engineering with regards to the back sight just isn't up to standards. God knows what material the sears are made out of. :think: I shot approx 100 through mine before trying to adjust the back sight (gently :roll: ) stripped the 2mm steel thread in alloy. :naughty:

HTH
Ian :D
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Adam77K
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Adam77K » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Sorry to hear that Ian. It's a shame that the good news of a really good pistol (the 604) effectively getting a new lease of life, has been spoiled somewhat.

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:57 pm

I had eagerly awaited the arrival the arrival of the new FAS6004 for the past few months. Initial impressions were very good after I had taken a bit of creep out of the trigger with good groupings and a score of 47 ex 50 within the first ten cards :dance: but the point of impact over 10m was too high for me :think: so I decided to adjust the back sight down to its lowest setting. It was while doing this using a 5p piece and just finger and thumb pressure the 2mm steel adjuster stripped the alloy thread! Perhaps I just had a bad example but 2mm steel threaded rod into alloy? :doh: :naughty: I dont think so. :snooty:

ATB

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:32 pm

Update: My local friendly retailer :dance: got in contact with the importers with regards to my pistol. They wanted the whole top assembly back (the alloy one which the sight adjusting screw fits into). I had no confidence in this class of engineering (2mm steel thread into alloy :naughty: :hand: ) and not knowing what material the trigger sears were made of :think: so I decided to exchange the FAS for a second hand s.s.p FWB100. The build quality is miles apart, although, to be honest Ive not heard of any other FAS/sight problems todate.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:18 pm

To be fair Ian, I think you were the only one to get this pistol with 2mm threads. I have modified a couple now (for disabled shooters and I mean no pun) and they are well made bits of kit. I think you were unlucky and in fairness yours was a grey import.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:22 pm

Tank wrote:To be fair Ian, I think you were the only one to get this pistol with 2mm threads. I have modified a couple now (for disabled shooters and I mean no pun) and they are well made bits of kit. I think you were unlucky and in fairness yours was a grey import.
No, it was definitely black with a brown wood grips. :doh:

Import? :think: Possibly. Whatever it put me right off FAS6004s Are you saying that 'official' FAS6004s dont have a 2mm threaded adjuster screw into alloy or have they changed the design? NOT that I would be buying another one. :hand:
Last edited by I.J. on Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:13 pm

No, nothing of the sort Ian, i know you too well - Read what you will into that folks :shock:

What I am saying is I know where your pistol originated so we cannot say for certain whether or not this specification was destined ultimately for the UK market. What I can say however is that the half dozen that I have seen have not demonstrated any such issues.

It just confirms that at least your luck is consistent, unfortunately it is always bad luck :mrgreen:
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:02 pm

It wasn't for bad luck - I wouldn't have any luck at all. :doh: I had a rocking horse that died. :whistle:

Have you actually examined the elevation screw hole on an 'official' import FAS6004? If so, what is the difference in diameter? The one I had was only 2mm (steel threaded rod into alloy :naughty: )

Every bodies eye sight and sighting line is different. Perhaps other people havent had to raise the back sight as much as I did (yet). :?

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:17 pm

Just as an after thought - would it be possible to take a photo of the back sight elevation screw hole on a non grey import next time you (or anyone else)is working on one. I would love to see how they have resolved this issue. :pray:

Thanking you in advance. :dance:

ATB

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:15 pm

ANYONE got or can take a photo of the back sight holes in a FAS6004? :pray: