My Webley Hurricane .177 pistol

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
kj68
Marksman
Marksman
My Webley Hurricane .177 pistol

Post by kj68 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:18 pm

I thought I would put up a picture of my nicely kept Webley Hurricane Pistol with custom walnut grips. She shoots like a dream and I must admit the adjustable sights are really nice to.

rgds kj68 :)
Photo0060.jpg
Happy Shooting

pmh
Site Admin

Re: My Webley Hurricane .177 pistol

Post by pmh » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Nice pic, and the grips do the gun justice.

I do think that foresight tunnels finish a gun off though.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

MDriskill

Post by MDriskill » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:37 pm

That is a lovely example! I've always liked the Hurricane, and in my opinion many shooters underrate it. Sure, it's not as compact and cute as the Tempest, but the click-adjusting rear sight, better-shaped front post, longer sight radius, and a little extra weight make it easier to shoot well.

My example below has an interesting accessory that Beeman's offered for several years--a full match-style grip! One could argue this is rather absurd for a Webley pistol (and I don't think Beeman sold many as they are quite hard to find nowadays), but the gun is tremendous fun to shoot this way. The grips fit my hand fairly well and this particular Hurricane also has a very nice tuned trigger.

Note also that Beeman-imported guns retained the "old style" lettering on the fore end for their full production run, by the way.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:32 pm

A very interesting variation on a Hurricane, and certainly one I haven't seen before.

I do have a soft spot for the Hurricane, as it was on the front cover of the very first airgun magazine I ever bought, back in 1978.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<