AirForceOne Trophy Co2 Pistol

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
AirForceOne Trophy Co2 Pistol

Post by Tank » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Some time back Phil and I identified a gap in the target pistol offerings of all of the major manufacturers. It appeared that you could buy a HW40 SSP pistol and begin target shooting with that, then save up the hard earned and buy a dedicated Target Pistol - starting around £550 for a cheap used second hand pistol with nothing in between.
I had realised that people were customising the Crosman 2240 pistol but they are .22 calibre pistols so a conversion to target pistol as an entry level gun was not straightforward, or cheap. I did start doing some development work on a simple sight conversion but last week my Air Force One Trophy Pistol arrived. Some smart individual has identified this gap and the result is this:

It is a .177 calibre single shot breech loading pistol with a "proper" sight and a "Target Grip". Okay, it is a Beech grip which gives a nod to the target grips we all know but the thing is - it's price. It is £160 in the UK. This is not out of sight as far as cost goes and it gives the beginner a taste of ten-metre shooting without the outlay of a dedicated PCP setup would cost. This pistol uses 12grm CO2 cartridges and claims 5.5 ft lbs and 40 shots. As we are all happy with 4ft lbs usually this gives the gun some massive potential for tuning I would imagine.

With the Crosman 2240 conversions the biggest single issue is the trigger. It is impossible to do anything with it - except redesign it and make a new frame. I (unusually) have not yet stripped my gun, deciding first to use it and have a good base reference from which to compare any developments. This includes not only scores but the general feel of the gun too, which is often overlooked. I will be examining the trigger and it's action closely because if this is not something that can be developed the gun could quite easily fail. I am hopeful though.
Tune in next week for an update 8-)
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

kj68
Marksman
Marksman

Re: AirForceOne Trophy Co2 Pistol

Post by kj68 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:00 am

Hi Graham I was looking at this pistol in an airgun mag the other week and I was quite impressed in how the pistol looks and with a beech stock to. At a £160 if this pistol shoots anywhere better than it looks then its something I will probably purchase as I was going to convert a 2240, let us know how you get on with testing and adjustments.

Atb kj68 :D
Happy Shooting

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:13 pm

I have done a complete stripdown review over on my website here:

http://ten-metre.com/airforce-one-trophy-target-pistol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

shadowmaker

Post by shadowmaker » Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi try this, from Poland £53:00 + £17:00 post. (it took 8 days and thanks for the strip)..................Regards Chris.
http://www.sztucer.pl/i4501_pistolet_wi ... _5_mm.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by shadowmaker on Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:22 pm

Hi Graham,

I note in a current air gun magazine that this pistol will also soon be available in .25 calibre with some nice chequering to the grips.

I have recently been impressed with the accuracy and handling of more traditional Co2 pistols such as the early Crosman and Benajamin examples, but this should provide something at the next level.

Regards

Brian