Gas Ram Pistols

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Gas Ram Pistols

Post by zunmik » Tue May 05, 2015 6:34 pm

I'm looking for a plinking pistol, & whilst researching i came across the Gamo P900 IGT pistol which is apparently a gas ram pistol!!, i know its a cheapie, but does any one have any knowledge of it, are their other gas ram pistols?,
I am very out of date with modern pistols so is their others i have missed out on :eusa-think: Mike.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Gas Ram Pistols

Post by zunmik » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:18 pm

zunmik wrote:I'm looking for a plinking pistol, & whilst researching i came across the Gamo P900 IGT pistol which is apparently a gas ram pistol!!, i know its a cheapie, but does any one have any knowledge of it, are their other gas ram pistols?,
I am very out of date with modern pistols so is their others i have missed out on :eusa-think: Mike.
Maybe the Gamo is a one off as i;ve got no replies, i heard an american pistol was also a gas ram, maybe not , Mike.
:?

Inspector 71

Post by Inspector 71 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:43 pm

The Benjamin Trail is a gas ram powered pistol.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:23 pm

Not heard of this pistol before.

Just looked it up, on the net, and had a good read.

Looks quite well priced.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:49 pm

zunmik wrote:I'm looking for a plinking pistol, & whilst researching i came across the Gamo P900 IGT pistol which is apparently a gas ram pistol!!, i know its a cheapie, but does any one have any knowledge of it, are their other gas ram pistols?,
I did purchase the Gamo pistol its a perfectly adequate plinker though the non adjustable "yellow" rearsight is iffy, i will have to replace or fit a red dot sight, ATB, mike. :think:

Oldtimer

Post by Oldtimer » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:24 pm

The Gamo P900 IGT (the IGT stands for inert gas technology) is interesting as Gamo also make (made?) the P900 spring version,so if you had both types you could make a direct comparison between the two types of power system. A German friend has done just that, and these were his observations:

The spring pistol was easier to cock.
Muzzle velocities with the gas ram version were consistently slightly higher (by about 4-5%) using various pellets.
The "kick" from the gas ram was less.
The spring pistol was louder.
The gas ram pistol was less heavy than the springer.

So there do seem to be advantages to the gas ram, but if I was going to keep a gun for 20 years I know which one would still be almost as powerful as the day it was bought and which one would probably be dead.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:05 pm

You've covered the IGT well , but would add it has a light smooth trigger for a cheapie, mike.