Hammerli Master

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:48 pm

I was sorely tempted to make Charlie an offer, but something else cropped up.

All, hopefully, will be revealed shortly.

Not seen one with the anatomical grips for a while though. Those are extra smart.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:18 am

The one with the anatomical grips is definitely the one to go for!
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:09 am

Have just fitted a bulk-fill cap to my Master. Its the same fitting as the one for the QB78 and I got it from Solware last week.
Wouldn't seal properly at first, as the central part of the assembly has nothing to stop it from moving forward into the loading chamber, even when the cap is screwed on.
Solved the problem by removing the lower cm or so of a used CO2 capsule and inserting this first, so that the brass insert is held in position up against the end of the capsule and the cap can screw up hard against it and make a good seal.

Doesn't deliver anywhere near the same number of shots per load, but that isn't a problem for me as I do most of my shooting indoors where I keep the gas cylinder.

Ian

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Certainly a good accessory, as the capsules can be quite an expensive outlay, especially if you just want a dozen quick shots or so.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:58 am

The bulk-fill set up isn't cheap by the time you've got the various fitting, but the gas itself is dirt cheap.

I got set up last year when I bought a couple of early Crosmans - 111 & 112, which are only bulk-fill.  Since then I use bulk-fill for a Crosman Mk1, a 600 and S&W 78/9 so my purchase of capsule has fallen right off.

I'm experimenting with trying to convert some revolvers to bulk fill as well, but haven't managed to perfect it yet.

Ian

zooma

Post by zooma » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:25 pm

I managed to find a really nice clean looking Master with the wooden anatomical grips and it should be here later this week.

Meanwhile I have borrowed Ian's nice example and pictured it on bobsairguns.

With a bit of luck we will have a pair of them in action at RMTC by next week!  

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=138

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:13 pm

A gun I have never seen in the flesh, and one of two guns that stood out when I got my 1978 Airgun World Special, the other being the Original Model 10.

I do think the anatomical grips really bring out the best in the gun.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zooma

Re: Hammerli Master - Match

Post by zooma » Tue May 21, 2013 11:27 pm

I finally got my Hammerli Master Match pistol (with anatomical grips) out of Coventry Customs and had it delivered yesterday, and took it down to RMTC tonight to give it a try.

The pistol is as good in real life as the pictures I saw on eGun, so I am very pleased with the almost "mint" condition and the nice unusual blonde coloured anatomical grip (they are usually dark wood).

The CO2 pistol meistro and multi- Hammerli pistol owner Ian Jones gave it the "once-over and so we bunged in a CO2 capsule and gave it a go.

The sights were not correct for my eyesight or Ian's ( we have noticed we can always shoot each others pistols as our sights pictures must be exactly the same) so I worked away at this for 3 - 4 cards at 10 meters until the sights were more to our liking.

The trigger on this Master has a very short first stage and a nice light crisp release ( just as well as we do not know how to adjust it!) and it is VERY accurate - but a little greedy on CO2.

Already I can tell that I will enjoy owning and using this pistol - and it has been well worth waiting for since I first saw one in 1976 :D

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Re: Hammerli Master - Match

Post by I.J. » Wed May 22, 2013 12:49 am

zooma wrote:
The trigger on this Master has a very short first stage and a nice light crisp release ( just as well as we do not know how to adjust it!) and it is VERY accurate - but a little greedy on CO2.
Strangely enough this pistol doesn't have the usual Hammerli adjusting screw in front of the trigger like on my examples but its a very nice trigger. Not quite up to Bobs usual - 'wait for the vibrations of a bus going past and it will go off light' standard :shock: but very acceptable and the whole pistol in great condition and just oozing character. Pretty accurate as well. :D A pleasure to shoot.

ATB
Ian
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Hammerli Master

Post by pmh » Wed May 22, 2013 8:24 pm

This is one I am looking forwards to having a look at.

I know I have probably mentioned this on several occasions, but two guns stood out of my first ever Airgun World (1978) this one and the Original Model 10.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri May 24, 2013 8:15 am

I showed the Hammerli Master Match to Phil at the club last night - he even picked it up and dry fired it - I could tell he was impressed.

I put a new CO2 cylinder in it so Phil could have a go later in the evening, but we had some match cards to get shot last night down in the 10 metre range and Phil was upstairs on the 6 yard range, so we kind of missed the opportunity.

I had a quick go with it - but at a time when I had a dose of the shakes - later when I had settled down we had some match cards to shoot and I had already elected to work with my LP10E as I am still trying to make this excellent pistol work for me - but when I shot the Master on Tuesday it was very very impressive!

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 am

Is the Match a different model to the Master, or is that its full name?

I have 2 of the Masters at the moment, and really ought to move one on, but I can't decide which one to keep as they are both in very good condition and both shoot extremely well.
One is destined to be kept for ever :P - I just can't make up my mind :oops:

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri May 24, 2013 11:20 am

The "Match" version of the Master only identifies it as having the full anatomical grip.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm

I did savour the moment of handling one for the first time, and sorry to have missed the opportunity to have a go; though I am sure there will be other opportunities in the future.

I am pleased to say that it loved up to my expectations. The grip was very comfortable, and the pistol balanced nicely. The trigger was also surprisingly good, with a nice first stage.

My top spot for number one best air pistol of all time is still tied between this and the Original Model 10.

The Target grips certainly make a difference to the lines of the gun.

Will done to Bob for obtaining such guns and allowing other shooters the experience of handling and firing them.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sat May 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Aaah.

I've been shooting these 2 Masters all afternoon and I cannot decide which one I prefer. One has a slightly lighter trigger than the other, but both perform pretty much the same once I get used to the trigger difference.

Perhaps I shall just have to keep both :D

Ian