Hammerli Master

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Re: Hammerli Master

Post by zooma » Fri May 24, 2013 8:15 am

I showed the Hammerli Master Match to Phil at the club last night - he even picked it up and dry fired it - I could tell he was impressed.

I put a new CO2 cylinder in it so Phil could have a go later in the evening, but we had some match cards to get shot last night down in the 10 metre range and Phil was upstairs on the 6 yard range, so we kind of missed the opportunity.

I had a quick go with it - but at a time when I had a dose of the shakes - later when I had settled down we had some match cards to shoot and I had already elected to work with my LP10E as I am still trying to make this excellent pistol work for me - but when I shot the Master on Tuesday it was very very impressive!
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 am

Is the Match a different model to the Master, or is that its full name?

I have 2 of the Masters at the moment, and really ought to move one on, but I can't decide which one to keep as they are both in very good condition and both shoot extremely well.
One is destined to be kept for ever :P - I just can't make up my mind :oops:

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri May 24, 2013 11:20 am

The "Match" version of the Master only identifies it as having the full anatomical grip.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri May 24, 2013 6:32 pm

I did savour the moment of handling one for the first time, and sorry to have missed the opportunity to have a go; though I am sure there will be other opportunities in the future.

I am pleased to say that it loved up to my expectations. The grip was very comfortable, and the pistol balanced nicely. The trigger was also surprisingly good, with a nice first stage.

My top spot for number one best air pistol of all time is still tied between this and the Original Model 10.

The Target grips certainly make a difference to the lines of the gun.

Will done to Bob for obtaining such guns and allowing other shooters the experience of handling and firing them.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sat May 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Aaah.

I've been shooting these 2 Masters all afternoon and I cannot decide which one I prefer. One has a slightly lighter trigger than the other, but both perform pretty much the same once I get used to the trigger difference.

Perhaps I shall just have to keep both :D

Ian

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 am

I have decided to remind Bob to bring this gun back down to the club so I can have a go. CO2 chrecteristics are totally different to air and I am trying to work out if there really is any difference between PCP and CO2. I don't think there is in all practicality, I think it is just a perception thing.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/