Sales Quiet ?

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:15 pm

OR - what I have done in the past when working away and without my banking passwords with me is get the sellers bank details and walk into a local branch of their bank and just pay cash or a cheque into their account, keeping the paying in receipt.
Online banking is perfectly safe and I can assure you if anything goes wrong the banks are quick to put it right. Unless you voluantarily send all of your money to a bank in Nigeria, then you would be on your own! Most of the horror stories, if you get the full facts, are usually the fault of the incompetent customer.
I myself transferred some cash to Ian on here and cocked it up (doing half a dozen transfers at once  :oops: ) but the bank had it back to normal within a couple of days. Too many people getting column inches in the Daily Wail!
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:56 pm

If you get it wrong, the bank usually corrects it quite quickly.

Anybody suddenly finding an unknown payment into their account should notify the bank as quickly as possible, as they could get charged with theft if they "touch" it.

A friend of a friend suddenly found a large sum deposited. To try and teach the bank a lesson, he drew it out, then went into the branch to have stern words, handing the money over at the same time.

I believe he was actually charged with theft in the end as he withdrew money he knew wasn't his.

I have used bank transfer many times with no bad deals. That said, I still do my research by getting a landline number, speaking with them, getting their address checked, etc.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:17 pm

Ahh, yes of course. I am assuming that the person to whom you are transferring the money is known to you or at least has a comprehensive set of contact details - that work!
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:46 pm

I t would seem many of you favour bank transfer, however i do not & will continue to offer cheque payments till cheque books are done away with as i am content to wait a few days for my purchase, (each to their own) atb, M.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Sales Quiet ?

Post by zunmik » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:55 pm

zunmik:2259 wrote:I'm in buying mode for an ssp pistol (target), but not finding much @ the moment don't really know what i want just waiting for something to take my fancy, but there ain't much about at the moment??. M. :?  :roll:
Well since i wrote that i have bought some guns as a matter of fact i may thin 1 or 2 out once i get the FWB80 as i have to many to shoot regularly. as i'm not a collector. A mate has had a target pistol off me this week, and i may sell one of my compacts as it does seem a bit silly to have 3 of them, but i have noticed sales on guns is a bit slow of late so i will probally have to do it at a good price to get some interest, M. :?  :)
Last edited by zunmik on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Or put them into storage for a while, until things pick up. They won't take up much space.

Ian

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Prices seem to have dropped recently, so inmates be worth holding onto them for a short while.

Pistols don't take up to much room.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:30 pm

Aah, but SWMBO, saw all 3 compacts & was not impressed, i might be getting on, but still wish to keep my "dangly" bits, :roll:  :?  :cry: ,M.

Adam77K
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Adam77K » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:03 pm

My old HW75 ticks most of the boxes for an SSP pistol.  This is the main reason Mr Tank now has my FAS 606 :)  

The grip shape fits my hand and I've got the trigger set up to my liking; not quite a match trigger but close, and it's as accurate as my Steyr, just a little bit low on power which doesn't matter for its intended purpose.

I've had an Alecto, but moved it on because I wasn't keen on the the trigger, and started to conceive a dislike of plastic guns, but performance wise I still rate it highly.

I have a FWB 100/102/103 on my wish list, as well as a Pardini-Fiocchi after trying magicniner's, but they will have to wait.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:50 pm

The Pardini is, to me, a cosmetically improved 103, though you don't seem many of them around.

They also did some garish colours in the 103.

Nice to shoot, not so good to look at.

The FAS 604 is still a worthwhile SSP if you can get one for the right price.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:27 pm

pmh:2529 wrote:The Pardini is, to me, a cosmetically improved 103, though you don't seem many of them around.

They also did some garish colours in the 103.

Nice to shoot, not so good to look at.

The FAS 604 is still a worthwhile SSP if you can get one for the right price.

Kind regards,

Phil
Generally agree with your comments, but silly prices put me off 103 or fas now M.