I don't usually go in for this....

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
I don't usually go in for this....

Post by Tank » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 pm

But on this ocassion here it is, My target pistols:

From the top down:

Aeron Brno B96
Drulov DU-10 Condor
Aeron Brno Chameleon
ROHM Twinmaster Top
FAS 606
FWB 65

And all of these pistols are in perfect working order as long as you understand their foibles.

But this does not include the pistols in bits on the bench!
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

eredel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by eredel » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:22 pm

Beautiful sight!!!!! 8)
I so want another '65 and that B96 takes me back...I want them all!!!!

Eric.
Browning B425 12G O/U Trap ~ Morini 162EI Short ~ Baikal MP-53M

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:45 pm

Outstanding selection of pistols there!

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Why thank you gentlemen, there is only one thing I am really looking for now and that's a Steyr LP10 or a Feinwerkbau.
I have a FWB 80 and a couple of CO2 "Replicas" But a Steyr?
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:19 pm

I am on the lookout for a Steyr LP2.

I was considering the LP10, but it's a heavier and bigger gun, and I will have to have a shot with one first. You also see more black ones than silver ones, and i want it in silver.

Nice collection by the way. Certainly beats the usual plethora of CO2 replicas.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:26 pm

pmh:2294 wrote: You also see more black ones than silver ones, and i want it in silver.

Phil
Why? Doesn't black go with your current ensemble?
graham.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Thanks for the comments BTW :D
graham.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 pm

I just think they look more sophisticated in silver.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Don't you mean - "Black is more Urban Guerilla Warfare?"

:shock:
graham.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:53 pm

If you saw them side by side you'd know what I mean. The black version looks a bit cheap to me.

There was one on Gunstar, recently, with two cylinders and a charging bottle, all for £700.

Bargain really.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 pm

pmh:2299 wrote:If you saw them side by side you'd know what I mean. The black version looks a bit cheap to me.

There was one on Gunstar, recently, with two cylinders and a charging bottle, all for £700.

Bargain really.

Kind regards,

Phil
Hmm? I have plenty of sandpaper, and that was a good price!
graham.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Nice collection of weapons . Do you use them all ? Any favourites ?

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 am

beeker:2307 wrote:Nice collection of weapons . Do you use them all ? Any favourites ?
Well Bill, I do use them all and this itself poses it's own set of problems.
I have a terrific range I built at home but it is outdoors and this sometimes proves challenging at this time of year :cry:
I have come to an arrangement with myself that means I go to the Target Club on Thursday nights where I always take two guns but only really get to shoot one of them as I shoot Bell Target with my rifle in the same evening, that and me rabbiting on with anyone I can corner means I only usually shoot one of the pistols.
The semi aiutomatic, the Drulov, I shoot in the garden as I like to keep in practice for Bowling Pin shooting. This is a popular challenge in the US where you put five bowling pins on a large tabletop, usually a sheet of plywood and you try to knock the five pins off in a short a time as possible.
The two Aeron's the B96 and the Chameleon are my two CO2 target pistols. The Chameleon is very, very accurate - the B96 has a much longer sight radius so I am still getting used to it.
The ROHM has taken a bit of sorting to be honest. Someone had had a go at it piling up about an inch of washers under the hammer spring and other nonsense to get the power up - to levels the gun was never designed to be at may I add. I sent it off to Nick at magic9design as he has a great deal of experience with this model and I have none. It now shoots lovely around the 4 ft lb mark and it is going to be a toss up whether I use the ROHM or the Chameleon in the Dorset league.
The FAS 606 is a recent addition and it is going to be my SSP for the UBC 6yd and 10 metre comps.
Lastly the FWB 65. I bought this from someone I consider as being a friend now and it was exactly as described. I renewed the seals and played around with the springs, finally settling for an original FWB 65 spring set from the factory and it shoots really sweetly.
There are a couple of guns missing from the pic, notably my FWB80 but I only have a small match grip for the gun so I can't use it and my two Walther LP 53's though one of them is now sold to another collector(i think?).
As for a favourite - from the very first shot the Aeron Chameleon shot consistantly and if the chips were down it is the gun I would choose as I feel very comfortable with it. However, now the FWB65 is sorted it is such a sweet gun to shoot my scores are getting better and better.
graham.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi Graham
               How many shots with the aeron before you are aware of a power drop ?  I would have a severe headache trying to choose from the collection. :D

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:00 pm

beeker:2315 wrote:Hi Graham
               How many shots with the aeron before you are aware of a power drop ?  I would have a severe headache trying to choose from the collection. :D
Well to be honest I have not counted. The Chameleon seems to go on forever but in the interests of economy I have started to bulk fill. It is at least fifty shots and probably more but I will let you know next week after I have done some testing/comparisons.
The Aeron's and the Drulov have a wierd way of alerting you to the fact they are out of puff and unless you know it it can be a bit disconcerting. The best sescription is that it sounds lake a rather loud F*rt, The gun breaks wind :shock:
It is regulated to a point but once the pressure drops to a certain pressure it vents the remaining CO2.
If you have never heard it do this before it can be a bit of a shock!
graham.