I don't usually go in for this....

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:09 pm

pmh:2299 wrote:If you saw them side by side you'd know what I mean. The black version looks a bit cheap to me.

There was one on Gunstar, recently, with two cylinders and a charging bottle, all for £700.

Bargain really.

Kind regards,

Phil
Hmm? I have plenty of sandpaper, and that was a good price!
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:17 pm

Nice collection of weapons . Do you use them all ? Any favourites ?

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 am

beeker:2307 wrote:Nice collection of weapons . Do you use them all ? Any favourites ?
Well Bill, I do use them all and this itself poses it's own set of problems.
I have a terrific range I built at home but it is outdoors and this sometimes proves challenging at this time of year :cry:
I have come to an arrangement with myself that means I go to the Target Club on Thursday nights where I always take two guns but only really get to shoot one of them as I shoot Bell Target with my rifle in the same evening, that and me rabbiting on with anyone I can corner means I only usually shoot one of the pistols.
The semi aiutomatic, the Drulov, I shoot in the garden as I like to keep in practice for Bowling Pin shooting. This is a popular challenge in the US where you put five bowling pins on a large tabletop, usually a sheet of plywood and you try to knock the five pins off in a short a time as possible.
The two Aeron's the B96 and the Chameleon are my two CO2 target pistols. The Chameleon is very, very accurate - the B96 has a much longer sight radius so I am still getting used to it.
The ROHM has taken a bit of sorting to be honest. Someone had had a go at it piling up about an inch of washers under the hammer spring and other nonsense to get the power up - to levels the gun was never designed to be at may I add. I sent it off to Nick at magic9design as he has a great deal of experience with this model and I have none. It now shoots lovely around the 4 ft lb mark and it is going to be a toss up whether I use the ROHM or the Chameleon in the Dorset league.
The FAS 606 is a recent addition and it is going to be my SSP for the UBC 6yd and 10 metre comps.
Lastly the FWB 65. I bought this from someone I consider as being a friend now and it was exactly as described. I renewed the seals and played around with the springs, finally settling for an original FWB 65 spring set from the factory and it shoots really sweetly.
There are a couple of guns missing from the pic, notably my FWB80 but I only have a small match grip for the gun so I can't use it and my two Walther LP 53's though one of them is now sold to another collector(i think?).
As for a favourite - from the very first shot the Aeron Chameleon shot consistantly and if the chips were down it is the gun I would choose as I feel very comfortable with it. However, now the FWB65 is sorted it is such a sweet gun to shoot my scores are getting better and better.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi Graham
               How many shots with the aeron before you are aware of a power drop ?  I would have a severe headache trying to choose from the collection. :D

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:00 pm

beeker:2315 wrote:Hi Graham
               How many shots with the aeron before you are aware of a power drop ?  I would have a severe headache trying to choose from the collection. :D
Well to be honest I have not counted. The Chameleon seems to go on forever but in the interests of economy I have started to bulk fill. It is at least fifty shots and probably more but I will let you know next week after I have done some testing/comparisons.
The Aeron's and the Drulov have a wierd way of alerting you to the fact they are out of puff and unless you know it it can be a bit disconcerting. The best sescription is that it sounds lake a rather loud F*rt, The gun breaks wind :shock:
It is regulated to a point but once the pressure drops to a certain pressure it vents the remaining CO2.
If you have never heard it do this before it can be a bit of a shock!
graham.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Post by beeker » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:30 am

I imagine you might get some strange looks from fellow shooters , then again it might come in handy. :P  :D