Walther CP3 Match MV.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
RobinC
Re: Walther CP3 Match MV.

Post by RobinC » Mon May 13, 2013 11:21 am

Hi Bob
Yep, found my way here! The CP3 match is the model, the MV versions refers to the colour, I don't know what its stands for but they did MV Silver models in other guns certainly the LPM-1 as well.
Robin

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 am

Hi Robin,

Great to have such a knowledgeable and experienced person such as yourself join the forum - I am sure we will all benefit greatly from having you around.

I thought (knowing Walther) that MV would stand for "many variants" meaning that the specification would largely depend on what parts they had laying about in the spares bins on the day they made it !

It's almost a bit boring to know that had a specific meaning ie - "silver coloured ".

..................keep smiling!
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon May 13, 2013 3:40 pm

zooma wrote:Hi Robin,

Great to have such a knowledgeable and experienced person such as yourself join the forum - I am sure we will all benefit greatly from having you around.

I thought (knowing Walther) that MV would stand for "many variants" meaning that the specification would largely depend on what parts they had laying about in the spares bins on the day they made it !
I much prefer your interpretation Bob LMAO!

And welcome Robin to the forum, I look forward to reading your posts with interest.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

savantguarde

Post by savantguarde » Mon May 13, 2013 3:56 pm

On the seals: I believe two of the seals in the gun are green (Co2 friendly) and the others are black? I dont know, I dont really want to strip the whole gun as I suspect its the green CO2 seal in the tank that's leaky anyhow. Baby steps. I am in no rush to get the gun working as I am still recovering from a shoulder injury. I will post up some pics of the gun at some point as Its had a bit of a transformation as I had to remove about 100g of filler from the grip! really tedious stuff!

zooma

Post by zooma » Mon May 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Maybe this is the same CP3 I was offered a few months back (with the grip bodged-up with body filler)?

The seller did not know if he still had the filler adapter or handbook etc and was generally a bit vague about it all so I never really bothered to follow it up - although at the price it would have been worth restoring as I like doing that sort of thing.

I wanted a CP3 with an original grip, but at that time ( and since) I have never seen a replacement for sale anywhere - except some left-hookers on eGun that would not be be any help to me, and I know for sure Walther have none to sell.

Maybe if you are in the states you could find some hidden Walther treasure?.................that would be really good!

savantguarde

Post by savantguarde » Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Yep one and the same there was a lot of filler on the gun. But its all gone now, Although with a few marks the grip now looks pretty good again (except where I accidentally took a chunk out of it with the dremel), and I must say its a pretty accurate fit for my hands as standard. Mechanically it seems spot on but I have not even tried filling it yet. I'll get round to it.
The seller found all the relevant adapters etc so I have all the kit. I need to now try filling with Co2 and see what happens. I am lucky to work in a University where Co2 is plentiful and I don't need to purchase any additional gear so will see what happens. Hopefully the cylinder will retain Co2 on its own and when screwed into the gun it will begin to leak.
Something it states in the instructions is that you can unscrew the cylinder at any point and it'll be fine apart from a little co2 leak. I will be very scared the first time I do this (While testing leaks etc, ordinarily I would just leave the cylinder on) as I can easily imagine the cylinder blasting off, stripping the threads and heading out the window !

zooma

Post by zooma » Mon May 13, 2013 4:50 pm

When I bought my first Walther CO2 pistol (a CP1) it came with 4 spare CO2 cylinders.

Having filled the first three I was full of confidence (dead easy this refilling lark) and so with (not) gay abandon ( means something else completely these days) I bunged the last one onto the cylinder and opened the tap.

I could hear the gas travelling inside the cylinder, so I gave it about 30 seconds and then turned the supply tap off.

As I started to unscrew this last cylinder there was a very load "Bang" as the cylinder tried to drag me and my hand in particular across the office like a Jetex powered rocket (remember them?) - and at the same time trying to inflict frostbite as well!

What a bad tempered vindictive nasty little cylinder I recall thinking to myself (!) as I christened it with a few choice names - then I suddenly realised how much I was sweating as the volcanic eruption in the cylinder died down to a pathetic little whimper of a hiss.

The CO2 cylinder had both frozen my hand and heated my forehead at the same time - pretty versatile these things I would say.

Good luck filling your CO2 cylinder - nothing to worry about!