Walther CP3 Match MV.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
savantguarde
Re: Walther CP3 Match MV.

Post by savantguarde » Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Yep one and the same there was a lot of filler on the gun. But its all gone now, Although with a few marks the grip now looks pretty good again (except where I accidentally took a chunk out of it with the dremel), and I must say its a pretty accurate fit for my hands as standard. Mechanically it seems spot on but I have not even tried filling it yet. I'll get round to it.
The seller found all the relevant adapters etc so I have all the kit. I need to now try filling with Co2 and see what happens. I am lucky to work in a University where Co2 is plentiful and I don't need to purchase any additional gear so will see what happens. Hopefully the cylinder will retain Co2 on its own and when screwed into the gun it will begin to leak.
Something it states in the instructions is that you can unscrew the cylinder at any point and it'll be fine apart from a little co2 leak. I will be very scared the first time I do this (While testing leaks etc, ordinarily I would just leave the cylinder on) as I can easily imagine the cylinder blasting off, stripping the threads and heading out the window !

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Re: Walther CP3 Match MV.

Post by zooma » Mon May 13, 2013 4:50 pm

When I bought my first Walther CO2 pistol (a CP1) it came with 4 spare CO2 cylinders.

Having filled the first three I was full of confidence (dead easy this refilling lark) and so with (not) gay abandon ( means something else completely these days) I bunged the last one onto the cylinder and opened the tap.

I could hear the gas travelling inside the cylinder, so I gave it about 30 seconds and then turned the supply tap off.

As I started to unscrew this last cylinder there was a very load "Bang" as the cylinder tried to drag me and my hand in particular across the office like a Jetex powered rocket (remember them?) - and at the same time trying to inflict frostbite as well!

What a bad tempered vindictive nasty little cylinder I recall thinking to myself (!) as I christened it with a few choice names - then I suddenly realised how much I was sweating as the volcanic eruption in the cylinder died down to a pathetic little whimper of a hiss.

The CO2 cylinder had both frozen my hand and heated my forehead at the same time - pretty versatile these things I would say.

Good luck filling your CO2 cylinder - nothing to worry about!
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.