gamo compact

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
micawber
gamo compact

Post by micawber » Thu May 02, 2013 11:21 am

My gamo compact has numbers and letters on the left hand side is this the year of manufacture,  numbers are 04-4C-560103-12, has anybody got any idea. :?:

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu May 02, 2013 10:31 pm

I don't think the serial numbers can be used to indicate age.

If you look to the right of the trigger, let when looking towards the grip, you'll see the cover for the trigger mechanism.

This is easier to see with the grip off. Earlier models were clear, later models an opaque white. Later models also have a shorter trigger assisting screw and slightly differing lettering.

Unfortunately, that's all I know.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

micawber

gamo compact

Post by micawber » Fri May 03, 2013 9:10 am

pmh:2733 wrote:I don't think the serial numbers can be used to indicate age.

If you look to the right of the trigger, let when looking towards the grip, you'll see the cover for the trigger mechanism.

This is easier to see with the grip off. Earlier models were clear, later models an opaque white. Later models also have a shorter trigger assisting screw and slightly differing lettering.

Unfortunately, that's all I know.

Kind regards,

Thanks Phil, mine has the opaque cover and the trigger adjusting screw is the short one which is too short to do anything.

Phil

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri May 03, 2013 5:51 pm

There is slightly less than a mm in it, and similar screws can be picked up on ebay and trimmed to the appropriate length.

Unless, of course, you are happy with the trigger.

This will be a good gun to use in the proposed 6 Yard MPL postal competition, which is in the final stages of completion.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Compact

Post by zunmik » Fri May 03, 2013 6:10 pm

One of my Compacts has these numbers, 04-4c-067701-99, this was bought new in 2010, i know no relevance of these No's to production dates
M. :?
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

micawber

gamo compact

Post by micawber » Fri May 03, 2013 6:11 pm

pmh:2737 wrote:There is slightly less than a mm in it, and similar screws can be picked up on ebay and trimmed to the appropriate length.

Unless, of course, you are happy with the trigger.

This will be a good gun to use in the proposed 6 Yard MPL postal competition, which is in the final stages of completion.

Kind regards,

I have striped down the trigger mechanism and smoothed and polished all the moving parts this has made a big difference but the trigger is still a bit heavier than my beeman p 17, I will replace the trigger adjusting screw with a longer one and maybe put lighter springs in it.

Phil