fettling gamo compact trigger

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.

Moderators: SysAdmin, zunmik, pmh

Postby micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 11:37 am

Well guys I finally finished fettling my gamo compact trigger, First I striped down the trigger mechanism smoothed and polished all the moving parts with a fine file and finished with 1200 grit wet and dry (the surfaces were pretty rough) then assembled it all with a touch of molly grease on the moving parts, I kept the original springs, I then replaced the trigger adjusting screw with a longer one from a light switch wall cover, (the original screw is 12mm long the new screw is 14mm long)  I screwed the new in with the gun cocked but( NOT LOADED) till it went off then backed the screw off 1/2 a turn, the trigger is smooth and much lighter suites me fine. :D  :D  :D
Last edited by micawber on Sat May 04, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
micawber

Postby pmh » Sat May 04, 2013 11:45 am

Excellent.

You can note put it to good use in one of our competitions.  :lol:

Pity you didn't take any pics as you went along, as it would have made an interesting and useful guide for others.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<
pmh
Site Admin

Postby micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 11:51 am

Sorry I didn't think to take any fotos but its much easier than it sounds  :oops:
micawber

Postby pmh » Sat May 04, 2013 11:57 am

We've all done it.  :D

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
pmh
Site Admin

Re: fettling gamo compact trigger

Postby zunmik » Sat May 04, 2013 5:08 pm

micawber:2753 wrote:Well guys I finally finished fettling my gamo compact trigger, First I striped down the trigger mechanism smoothed and polished all the moving parts with a fine file and finished with 1200 grit wet and dry (the surfaces were pretty rough) then assembled it all with a touch of molly grease on the moving parts, I kept the original springs, I then replaced the trigger adjusting screw with a longer one from a light switch wall cover, (the original screw is 12mm long the new screw is 14mm long)  I screwed the new in with the gun cocked but( NOT LOADED) till it went off then backed the screw off 1/2 a turn, the trigger is smooth and much lighter suites me fine. :D  :D  :D
Delighted you have got it sorted, and adjusted to your liking i am a great fan of these pistols which i think are much under rated, enjoy, M. 8)
Swiss Arms TG1,~ S.G.S Duo 300, Colt 1911, P900 IGT, G0JVB ex G6MUI.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Postby micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 5:15 pm

I am now trying to source luminous stick on dots for my sights, anybody know where I can buy them.  :?:
micawber

Postby pmh » Sat May 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Ian knows about these and had previously posted a thread on the, link >here<.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
pmh
Site Admin

Re: fettling gamo compact trigger

Postby Tank » Sat May 04, 2013 5:45 pm

micawber:2762 wrote:I am now trying to source luminous stick on dots for my sights, anybody know where I can buy them.  :?:

I have threatened for some time to do a tutorial on highlighting or outlining contrasting front and rear sights. I have a colleague whose day job is research and development with luminous/flourescent paints and coatings especially for instruments - including watch markers and hands.
The problem with "flourescent" coatings is that there is never enough ambient light around a sight to properly excite the coatings to any degree. I have also some Tritium tubes and they are great at night - they need nothing to excite them, the Tritium gas is always active.
By far and away the best colour to use is green, this is always the brightest colour. I have had great success using green flourescent paint on the front sight and Orange outlining the U of the rear sight. Another technique is to use a green dot on the front sight and two orange (or green - I prefer a contrasting colour) dots - one on either side of the U on the rear sight.
Ian has bought stuff from ebay before now and used it with success - he will be along shortly to elaborate I am sure.
Meanwhile, I will consider the tuttorial:-)
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
Tank
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Postby Ian » Sat May 04, 2013 7:17 pm

As detailed in the link in the previous post I have experimented with night/daysiter dots and strips from the States. I first came across these when I shot IPAS. Some shooters only used them on the foresight, others used the same colour on foresight and rearsight and some like different colours front and back. I guess its down to what suits your eyes and we are all different. My own preference is to have a green dot on the foresight only if Im going to use them at all.
Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Postby micawber » Sat May 04, 2013 8:23 pm

I think I will try some luminous pant used on fishing floats first just on the front sight, I have white paint on my beeman p17 and it seems to work best when it is on the front sight with the back unpainted.
micawber

Next

Return to Air Pistols