FAS 604

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
FAS 604

Post by zunmik » Thu May 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Eh hum, small beer compared to Phill's great new pistol, but i have tonight got a Fas :D , I've been after one for nearly 2 years price though was beyond my means, however i got one tonight at the club from one of the members so i am Very pleased, only just got back from the club so will try to sort a manual tommorrow, and maybe some pics, M. :D :cheers:
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: FAS 604

Post by pmh » Thu May 09, 2013 11:03 pm

Well done, an excellent gun, and perfect for the MPL too.

Graham has the much rarer 606, an excellent pistol, but a bit heavy for me long term.

Some pics of the 604, and a quick review, would be very welcome.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Fri May 10, 2013 5:20 pm

Well done, hope you enjoy using it. I'm hoping to replace my Gamo compact with one when funds and opportunity collide with each other.

Mick

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Fri May 10, 2013 6:10 pm

Good news!

A chap at the club I used to shoot at used one of these and shot competitively against others with the latest PCP.s in the local leagues

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri May 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Ian wrote:Good news!

A chap at the club I used to shoot at used one of these and shot competitively against others with the latest PCP.s in the local leagues
The chap or the club? :D

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Fri May 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Never got him though - very quick on his feet

:D

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat May 11, 2013 5:23 pm

zunmik wrote:Eh hum, small beer compared to Phill's great new pistol, but i have tonight got a Fas :D , I've been after one for nearly 2 years price though was beyond my means, however i got one tonight at the club from one of the members so i am Very pleased, only just got back from the club so will try to sort a manual tommorrow, and maybe some pics, M. :D :cheers:
Links to pics

https://picasaweb.google.com/mickson33/ ... 6550794258

Downloaded manual, but vauge re trigger which was single stage & creepy, managed to adjust to 2 stage, but trigger still not crisp, proceeding slowly as no instuctions just a picture of what each screw is??. It does shoots very good groups, but will not get the best till i sort the trigger :?

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Wed May 15, 2013 3:48 pm

I have had two, the first I had new when they first came out in the late 70's/early 80's and I shot nationaly with it very well. I had a long period away from shooting and gave it to my brother in law who still makes his county team with it!
To fill the gap in my shooting history I bought a new one with the laminated grip a few years back and they still shoot as well as I remember, I only went onto a PCP because of muscular issues, mine is the blinged polished one on Bobs Airguns site, I apologise for this and other crimes against classic guns and know that I will go to air gun hell for my sins.
There is no manual, but I have the issued sheet that comes with them, it identifies what each screw does and you can work out from the drawing how to adjust the trigger and it is quite simple, they can be set up really nice and crisp, the important bit to get them nice is to get the right ballance between the two screws, the first stage screw (3) and the second stage (4), its not just one or the other, they both impact on each other, if any one wants a scan of it drop me an e mail.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed May 15, 2013 4:36 pm

RobinC wrote:I have had two, the first I had new when they first came out in the late 70's/early 80's and I shot nationaly with it very well. I had a long period away from shooting and gave it to my brother in law who still makes his county team with it!
To fill the gap in my shooting history I bought a new one with the laminated grip a few years back and they still shoot as well as I remember, I only went onto a PCP because of muscular issues, mine is the blinged polished one on Bobs Airguns site, I apologise for this and other crimes against classic guns and know that I will go to air gun hell for my sins.
There is no manual, but I have the issued sheet that comes with them, it identifies what each screw does and you can work out from the drawing how to adjust the trigger and it is quite simple, they can be set up really nice and crisp, the important bit to get them nice is to get the right ballance between the two screws, the first stage screw (3) and the second stage (4), its not just one or the other, they both impact on each other, if any one wants a scan of it drop me an e mail.
Thanks for the info ref screws 3 & 4, i do have the basic sheet they supply with all the allen screws numbered i was just concerned about twiddling screws blindly, and messing things up, however thanks to your info i now have a starting point to get eventually a nice crisp trigger. i did have a fas many years ago, but did not need to touch it the trigger was spot on. I will also need to get the dremel out i have a job fitting all 3 fingers between the space @ the bottom of the grip, and the trigger guard, obviously meant for daintier fingers than mine, atb, M :handgestures-thumbupright:

garryt

Post by garryt » Wed May 15, 2013 10:32 pm

One of the sexiest looking SSP's ever IMO.

I think I need one......... :mrgreen:
Duracoat service available.
http://www.gt-pistols.co.uk/

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu May 16, 2013 1:34 pm

garryt wrote:One of the sexiest looking SSP's ever IMO.

Here's another piccy to keep you happy, M. ;)

garryt

Post by garryt » Thu May 16, 2013 6:25 pm

That's just being cruel......... :lol:
Duracoat service available.
http://www.gt-pistols.co.uk/

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Thu May 16, 2013 6:26 pm

zunmik wrote:
garryt wrote:One of the sexiest looking SSP's ever IMO.

Here's another piccy to keep you happy, M. ;)

Ahhhhhh - a nice mark one - mine looked just like that - but with the adjustable palm shelf.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu May 16, 2013 6:43 pm

I had no idea what mark it was, i bought it cos it shot ok, and had recently been serviced, when i get time i still need to sort the trigger + a little tweak of the grip with the dremel this will then become my bell target pistol, M :character-smurfbrother:

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 am

Good choice - nice pistol !
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.