A.G. Parker Air Pistol

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
A.G. Parker Air Pistol

Post by Certus » Wed May 15, 2013 9:30 pm

Hello,

Iv'e just joined the forum and this is my first attempt at placing a picture directly into a post rather than via a link to the host website.

The pistol is one of only 250 made by A.G. Parker around 1924 and is cocked by the rather ungainly looking crank attached to a gearbox within the frame.

If the picture appears OK, I will post pictures of some of the other rarely seen pistols in my collection eg Ansons Star, Cogswell and Harrison Certus, Westley Richards Highest Possible Concentric etc if this would be of interest to other collectors.

Regards

Brian

pmh
Site Admin

Re: A.G. Parker Air Pistol

Post by pmh » Wed May 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Dear Brian,

A great looking gun, not for its beauty, but for its quirky design.

A review with a few more pictures would be well received, as we don't get to see such guns often.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

eredel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by eredel » Wed May 15, 2013 10:32 pm

What a superb looking piece of pistol antiquity there Brian!....thanks for posting a pic...never seen one before!
Love those old quirky pistols!

Regards....Eric.
Browning B425 12G O/U Trap ~ Morini 162EI Short ~ Baikal MP-53M

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Wed May 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Now this is going to be an enlightening thread. Many thanks for sharing that novel design. I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Mick

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Thu May 16, 2013 6:27 pm

Hello,

A bit more information on the Parker air pistol. To cock the pistol the crank arm is turned clockwise until it engages with the gearing. A further 2 or 3 turns are needed to engage the sear at which point the crank automatically disengages. The picture below shows the breech screw which is unscrewed and turned to the right to allow a pellet to be loaded and seated with the integral wire pellet seater. The breech screw is then returned to the vertical position and tightened to make the pistol ready for firing.

Although a large pistol the balance is quite good but the power levels were always a bit disappointing especially when compared with modern spring powered air pistols.

Regards

Brian