Gamo Compacts ?

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Compact practice

Post by zunmik » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:09 pm

I have been doing daily freehand practice lately (most days) using the Compact mostly, i find it a little more forgiving than most of my pistols still not as consistent as i used to be, but will persist till i reach a reasonable level!, M.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:58 pm

A very good practice gun is the HW40.

Very light weight, a better trigger, and very pointable.

Well worth a consideration if you haven't already got one.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:15 pm

pmh:2076 wrote:A very good practice gun is the HW40.

Very light weight, a better trigger, and very pointable.

Well worth a consideration if you haven't already got one.

Kind regards,

Phil
Sorry mate disagree completely the compact is 100% better in my view, i have the extended trigger screw polished trigger  & its very smooth & light trigger in operation, if i want different i have a 6m & 3 co2 target pistols, but sorry would never consider the 40, i have owned one & got rid of it quickly, atb, M.

JonW
Plinker
Plinker

Post by JonW » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:36 pm

It does seem as thought the HW's are particularly 'marmitey'. Personally I could not get on with the grips and would not be able to shoot one accurately as a result. on the other hand, they seem perfect for others and get glowing reports. They do seem very well engineered but for me, the Gamo was a no brainer.  :)

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:48 pm

I have both, so am spoilt in a way.

The triggers in the newer Gamos aren't a patch on the earlier ones.

Mine is from the late 80s.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

JonW
Plinker
Plinker

Post by JonW » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 pm

I did hear that actually, also the cover for the trigger mechanism used to be transparent so you could see the workings actually working before disassembly. Now comes with an opaque cover so you can't see 'owt!
Still love it though. Mine's had all the stippling removed and sports finger grooves that fit me like a glove.  8)

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Compacts

Post by zunmik » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:29 pm

JonW:2082 wrote:I did hear that actually, also the cover for the trigger mechanism used to be transparent so you could see the workings actually working before disassembly. Now comes with an opaque cover so you can't see 'owt!
Still love it though. Mine's had all the stippling removed and sports finger grooves that fit me like a glove.  8)
I like mine to, despite having some class target pistols, i have 2 which are about 25 years old + a modern one the modern one did need a longer trigger screw apart from that as with all my pistols over the years a light polish on the trigger assy & a little dry slide. The Compact has always been my "fall-back" pistol if things are'nt going well, i get the Compact out & things fall back in place. M.
:)

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Compact re-furb

Post by zunmik » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Just got my favourite Compact back from "Lawrie" today his usual superb job i feel more than just a reseal, the pistol feels tighter & smoother & out performs my new one by far, thanks Lawrie, M.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:16 pm

They are probably the best value target pistol out there. Whilst the newer ones aren't as smooth as the older ones, out of the box, a quick fettle soon gets them performing flawlessly.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

JonW
Plinker
Plinker

Post by JonW » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:39 pm

Been plinking with mine at the weekend and really felt good to be getting some lead through it after a winter of no action. (seems like forever!)
Really must get the pistol rest finished and submit a score this month!!

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:41 pm

JonW:2469 wrote:Been plinking with mine at the weekend and really felt good to be getting some lead through it after a winter of no action. (seems like forever!)
Really must get the pistol rest finished and submit a score this month!!
Yeah have a go i just use a lump of foam or a bean bag when i've shot the comp, i will be shooting mine tonight @ the bell target club in the pistol section, its not worth gassing up a co2 pistol cos its just 2 rounds of 6 shots, atb, M. :)

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:53 pm

Hi, new to the forum, so hello. I've got a Compact that I picked up a few weeks ago in excellent condition. It has the transparent perspex sear cover and an O-ring seal on the piston, plus a sweet trigger. So I'm guessing it's an older one. Any way of working out a rough date of manufacture for it?

I've also got a .22 Tempest that I've had from new and a .22 Tau 7 that I picked up last year. Really enjoying 10m freestanding and longer range plinking.

Cheers, Mick

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:10 pm

Hello Mick,

And welcome to the forum.

I don't think it is possible to date these, as the serial numbers don't appear to be made up with any month/year letters included.

I got mine shortly after their release in the late 1980s.

They just need a drop of Pellgun oil in the cylinder every couple of hundred shots to keep them operating at their best.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:38 pm

Cheers Phil, I like your airgun list. I've got a Walther LP201 that I'm a bit interested in at the moment so I might have to start off a similar list. Now do I keep a separate one for rifles? Decisions, decisions!

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Pistols are easier to keep than rifles, and I do think there is a little more skill in shooting such, especially with open sights.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH