Diana Mod 5 "Target" Air Pistol

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Re: Shooting Glasses Update

Post by Certus » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Hello,

The shooting glasses ordered at the Bisley Phoenix at the end of May finally arrived and have proved well worth the wait.

Although as mentioned in the earlier post I was obliged to buy a Diana Mod 5 Target pistol on the day in order to fine tune the prescription lens you can't really be sure how things will pan out until tested in normal range lighting.

Well, to say they were a success would be a massive understatement. I had been using a set of shooting frames without a lens but with an adjustable iris and even then things were still looking decidedly fuzzy.

The glasses are far more convenient and have given me the clear sight picture I remember from years ago.

Not cheap but well worth the cost if they help extend my preference for open sights for a few more years.

Regards

Brian

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Diana Mod 5 "Target" Air Pistol

Post by pmh » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:57 pm

I have a set of Champions, but I do need to tweak my lens, as my eye has drifted.

However, I have the adjustable iris, and this does work very well. Not only does this sharpen all eyes, it is also noticeable when your head position changes.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:06 pm

I too have a set of Champion shooting frames and I would agree, the adjustable iris is invaluable. Well worth the extra cost.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Tank wrote:I too have a set of Champion shooting frames and I would agree, the adjustable iris is invaluable. Well worth the extra cost.
Hi Graham,

Although I do have a set of shooting frames with an adjustable iris and an eye shade I decided not get a prescription lens inserted. The reason tor this being that it's now just like putting on a pair of reading glasses rather the relative faffing around getting the shooting frame fitted and adjusted correctly.

still nice to have both options though.

Regards

Brian

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:45 am

I hear you Brian.
My problem though is my eyesight is getting bad with astigmatism:-( So the iris gives me back the clarity of the target as well as the crystal clear sight picture. Does take some getting used to though.
I had my frames fitted by my optician and I would encourage anyone who is thinking of using a shooting frame or shooting glasses to get the advice of a competent optician. Worth every penny!
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/