Co2 Match Pistols For Plinking Question.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
mrto
Co2 Match Pistols For Plinking Question.

Post by mrto » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:29 am

I have a couple of TAU7 pistols one in .177 and one in .22.Both pistols can be adjusted to 5 plus ftlbs and this I find very useful for 25 yard plinking.I am a plinker and not a competetive 10m match pistol shooter.
I do however really like Co2 match pistols and would like to aquire a few more,but only those that can be adjusted to a power level that would suit my desire to plink beyond 20 yards.
Can anyone suggest which Co2 match pistols,modern or vintage that would fit my above criteria.

Many thanks,
mrto.

Vyand

Re: Co2 Match Pistols For Plinking Question.

Post by Vyand » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:33 am

Drulov DU10 Condor
Aeron BRNO B96

Smith & Wesson 78G
Smith & Wesson 79G

Crosman 600
Crosman 2240
Benjamin EB22

mrto

Post by mrto » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:42 am

Vyand wrote:Drulov DU10 Condor
Aeron BRNO B96

Smith & Wesson 78G
Smith & Wesson 79G

Crosman 600
Crosman 2240
Benjamin EB22

Thanks for your reply,Of the pistols you list what sort of ME are the Drulov and B96 capable of?

I have the other pistols you list by the way,but am particularly looking for advice on match pistols.

Regards,
mrto.

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Post by micken » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:43 pm

I've got Tau-7's in .177 and .22, and a DU-10. All are excellent plinkers, but you can't reach 5fpe with the Drulov. It is, however, accurate enough at lower power levels out to 25 yards.

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:59 am

You are really stretching the imagination if you are going to classify a Crosma 2240 as a "match pistol". Sure, I too have one that stays consistantly in the black out at 20 yards but the only original part of the gun is the trigger frame! .22 Cal Air Pistols are not "match" pistols either .177 is the universally accepted calibre.
Here is a short list of some CO2 target pistols that spring to mind, some are multi shot:

Aeron B96
Aeron B97
Brno Tau-7 Match
Brno Tau-7 Sport
Brno Tau-7 Standard
Pardini K2 CO2
Pardini K2 CO2 - Junior
Pardini K2 CO2 - Light
ROHM Twinmaster Trainer
Walther CP1
Walther CP2
Walther CP200
Walther CP3
Walther CPM1

Some are rebuilds of original designs, some are variations on a theme. I have, and still do, own some of the Aeron pistols. Once you master the trigger technique they are very accurate guns and out of all of the guns I have sold the B97 is one I maybe shouldn't have.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:04 am

Having given this another coat of thinking, what about the ROHM Twinmasters with the CO2 converter? The Field Target Pistol brigade are using these because high power levels are easily achievable.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Vyand

Post by Vyand » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:31 pm

he he, my response was more focused on plinking and power than 'match' status.
But I take your point :)

mrto

Post by mrto » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:58 am

Tank wrote:Having given this another coat of thinking, what about the ROHM Twinmasters with the CO2 converter? The Field Target Pistol brigade are using these because high power levels are easily achievable.
Thanks for your help and suggestions,I have actually been considering The Rohm and largely because as you say the power can be upped for longer distance plinking.

I'm still on the lookout for a couple of additional classic Co2 match pistols,but in no hurry at all and only as they conveniently present themselves.

As far as I know the TAU 7 is unique in that it is available in .22 as well as .177,I am not aware of another 'match' pistol available in this caliber?

ATB.

Leonardj
Marksman
Marksman

Post by Leonardj » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:47 pm

You could add the FWB Model 2 through Model C25 to your list of potential candidates for high accuracy plinkers that can be adjusted for a little extra "oomph".

I have been using an FWB C10, that I have upgraded to C20 specs for shooting Field Target at our local club.
The targets range from a minimum of 10 yards to a maximum of 25 yards, and my FWB C10/20 does a fine job of takin' the targets down if I do my part.

mrto

Post by mrto » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:52 am

Leonardj wrote:You could add the FWB Model 2 through Model C25 to your list of potential candidates for high accuracy plinkers that can be adjusted for a little extra "oomph".

I have been using an FWB C10, that I have upgraded to C20 specs for shooting Field Target at our local club.
The targets range from a minimum of 10 yards to a maximum of 25 yards, and my FWB C10/20 does a fine job of takin' the targets down if I do my part.

Thanks for the suggestions,the C10 is a really nice looking pistol as are the majority of FWB's I really like the way you have mounted the sight.ATB