Diana Model G2.

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
I.J.
Marksman
Marksman
Diana Model G2.

Post by I.J. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 am

I thought you may like to have a look at the Diana mod G2 which I picked up recently on my travels and have since sold. :dance:

It truly was 'like new' and stamped on the butt '4 54' So April 1954? :think:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airsnip ... t=4&page=1

ATB
Ian :D
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Re: Diana Model G2.

Post by Certus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:33 am

I.J. wrote:I thought you may like to have a look at the Diana mod G2 which I picked up recently on my travels and have since sold. :dance:

It truly was 'like new' and stamped on the butt '4 54' So April 1954? :think:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airsnip ... t=4&page=1

ATB
Hi Ian,

I guess that was the example unsurprisingly just snapped up on BBS. It looks like it has never been out of the box. When I see mint pistols such as this I often wonder why they have never been used over such a long period after they were originally sold.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Regards

Brian

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Brian,

That is the very same one which is now, as we speak, winging its way down south - and thats the best place for it! :shifty:

I suppose when people buy these things new, in this case in the 1950s :o , after the first 2 or 3 pellets they realise what an utter waste of time they are accuracy wise and buy a catapult or just throw stones. Ive never been a fan of the pop-out pistol as I bet they put loads of people off shooting. Once youve fired your first 10 shots at a target and missed with every one - you take up other sports :hand:

(unless your names Bob. :whistle: )

Mind you. I say that about Webley 'over barrel' pistols. :doh:

ATB

Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Certus » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:29 pm

I.J. wrote:Hi Brian,

That is the very same one which is now, as we speak, winging its way down south - and thats the best place for it! :shifty:

I suppose when people buy these things new, in this case in the 1950s :o , after the first 2 or 3 pellets they realise what an utter waste of time they are accuracy wise and buy a catapult or just throw stones. Ive never been a fan of the pop-out pistol as I bet they put loads of people off shooting. Once youve fired your first 10 shots at a target and missed with every one - you take up other sports :hand:

(unless your names Bob. :whistle: )

Mind you. I say that about Webley 'over barrel' pistols. :doh:

ATB
Hi Ian,

I know what you mean but I have seen some absolutely mint originally finished examples of what I would consider serious air guns which were well over 50-60 years old. I would have thought that they would have shown some signs of age even if unused unless stored in a museum type environment.

Regards

Brian

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:17 pm

Certus wrote:
Hi Ian,

I know what you mean but I have seen some absolutely mint originally finished examples of what I would consider serious air guns which were well over 50-60 years old. I would have thought that they would have shown some signs of age even if unused unless stored in a museum type environment.

Regards

Brian
Or 'sleepers' as I call them. ;) Ive a couple in my collection including a HW35 Std. Built 1972 and it still has the manufacturers label attached by flimsy string to the trigger guard! :D

ATB
Ian

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:55 pm

D'oh, I wish I had have known this shop for grabs.

I managed to buy a relatively nice one on Sunday at Melbourne (same model).

I will see if there is a date stamped on the grip, as I didn't notice one when I gave it a quick one over.

I find such pistols fascinating, and have collected quite a few over the years.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<