Late model LP53

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Certus
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter
Re: Late model LP53

Post by Certus » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:00 pm

pmh wrote:Looks like you are starting to master the nuances of this type of pistol.

I have found that a couple of seconds of hold on target, after the shot has gone, help me with this type of pistol.

Kind regards,

Phil
For what it's worth I fully endorse the above advice especially when shooting spring powered air pistols.

Although the other techniques are obviously very important, I have found that consistent "follow through" has the most significant effect on accuracy when shooting springers.

As already stated, very nice, high quality air pistols which I'm sure are a pleasure to own and shoot.

Regards

Brian

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Re: Late model LP53

Post by zooma » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:15 pm

My late model LP53 is boxed and looks exactly the same as yours, but has the serial number 118051 and this would suggest that it was made earlier then yours.

Having said that, it is a fairly well accepted observation that Walther made their pistols in batches and were not reluctant to use anything that was in the parts bins at that time - hence the huge number of small variations that are often seen that equally bewilder the collector and enthusiast alike.

The barrels will have been number stamped prior to assembly and then put into the parts bins ready for assembly during one of their production batches.

Who is to say my pistol was made earlier than yours with any degree of certainty?

Your barrel may have been at the top of the relavent parts bin and so was picked-up first - easily done given the somewhat "Cavalier" attitude Walther employed when bunging their air pistols together.

I love collecting Walther air pistols - when you buy one you never know what to expect :think:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.