FWB Model2

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
jassi
Plinker
Plinker
FWB Model2

Post by jassi » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:36 pm

I bought this Feinwerkbau Model 2 a few months ago - this is the one that was stuck in Coventry for 2 months.
Came with 3 gas cylinders at a very reasonable price

Absolutely superb pistol despite its age. Very accurate and a bit lighter and easier to handle than the FWB 65. Would say its on a par with my Hammerli Master and definitely one of the best pistols I own.
Certainly one to keep, though I might part with the FWB 65 now as 3 high quality target pistols might appear a bit OTT :D

pmh
Site Admin

Re: FWB Model2

Post by pmh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Nice guns indeed, and one which I have shot.

It is interesting to see the variations in the models, most noticeably the positioning of the air cylinder, distance wise, from the barrel.

Definitely a keeper.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:30 am

though I might part with the FWB 65 now as 3 high quality target pistols might appear a bit OTT
Don't do it, you will regret it. Sell anything else! I sold my 65 - immediately regretted it so bought two more to replace it :shock:
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

Adam77K
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Adam77K » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:48 pm

Tank wrote:
though I might part with the FWB 65 now as 3 high quality target pistols might appear a bit OTT
Don't do it, you will regret it. Sell anything else! I sold my 65 - immediately regretted it so bought two more to replace it :shock:
You didn't give that advice to me did you?! :lol:

At some point I will replace it, probably a later model with anatomical grips.

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:35 pm

Pleased your Model 2 go there in the end!

I have a Model 2 and it is my favourite FWB CO2 pistol - I also have the much rarer short version as well and this one is mint and came from a very careful first owner who kept it in a period tan coloured CaseGuard that came with it.

I have also had the later C10 ( high and low cylinder variants) and the final FWB C20 varaint as well - but I much prefer the original Model 2 even though the later models probably are technically superior.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.