BEEMAN 2004E

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
BaggieBoy
BEEMAN 2004E

Post by BaggieBoy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi....has anyone got one of these? They've gained a 'mixed' reputation over the years but I've read more good than bad and have taken the plunge and bought one today from Antics in Plymouth who have them for £67.50. Haven't seen them any cheaper than that and they do have a few shops around so worth checking them on line to see if there is one near you.

I've just put 20 cheapie pellets through it - .177 - and have been pleasantly surprised with the trigger which is very nice and, of course, no recoil. Shooting off hand I've been grouping one on top of the other with my last half dozen shots over six metres, and that's good for me! I'm a fan of single stroke pneumatics and I'm looking forward to (hoping!) that the cocking action will ease in time as it's damn stiff at the moment and care needs to be taken not to damage the rear sight when bearing down. But, all in all I have to say that I'm very impressed with it 'out of the box'...well blister pack actually, but that's helps keep the price 'budget'.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: BEEMAN 2004E

Post by pmh » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:40 pm

These are very capable pistols, and offer very good value for money.

Whilst they look very similar to the HW40, they are not as well built, but the price does reflects this.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

peteswright

Post by peteswright » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:24 am

They are great for the money but you need to do some research on repairs and maintenance unless you're lucky and get a trouble free one. Have a look at 1942nuclear on Youtube plus loads of advice through Google. I would ignore the manuals advice to use lithium grease on the piston and suggest Magic9 ssp oil or Pelgunoil. ATB. Pete. Ps. I think the HW40 is worth going for if affordable. Much better trigger and build.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. Gamo PR45, P17s, 1377, SMK rifle, HW 40, HW 45, HW 75, Gamo AF10, Hatsan mod 25, Tanfoglio Witness, Crosman 357, Browning Buckmark. Webley tempest. John Beatie holsters.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:56 pm

I think their a perfectly fine pistol, I've had one for years with no problems, spares are exactly the same as the hw40 so no problems with that issue, the trigger is adjustable though the trigger guard is not drilled so a bit fiddly to get to, one guy shoots @ my club with one and his score is on a par with most of the other members, enjoy it its a good starting point for pistols, atb, M. :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.