Windfall Pistol

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Windfall Pistol

Post by zunmik » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:08 pm

Good fortune means we have a couple of unexpected amounts of cash in a months time the large one is bound for ISA's, but the smaller one £3.5k were going to treat ourselves, so I want pistol ideas please, must be recoilless not to heavy I've still got a knackered shoulder (though much improved), NOT pcp, prefer new or nearly new obviously I am looking at target pistols, but might consider a good quality "fun" pistol.
So any suggestions please, and why you choose that pistol(s), atb, M. :? :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Windfall Pistol

Post by pmh » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:49 pm

You could put the word out for a Feinwerkbau 103, or the harder to get hold of Pardini K58.

Both are SSP, classics, and not too bad to charge.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:06 pm

pmh wrote:You could put the word out for a Feinwerkbau 103, or the harder to get hold of Pardini K58.

Both are SSP, classics, and not too bad to charge.

Kind regards,

Phil
I've never seen either of these pistols in the flesh have you handled or shot them ?, I like the look of the 103 apart from that dreadful colour on the cocking lever, and I've seen pictures where the lever finish is chipped however it does not put me off I would have the lever re-finished in Rilsan Nylon powder coating really tough stuff even shot blasting won't shift it. Currently though have no idea how it shoots, shame not many pistols take the 8 gramme co2 cartridge cos I like co2 pistols, but 12 grm gives more shots than I want often, & I don't like dumping gas in order to leave the pistol clear, atb, M :think: :)

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:03 pm

I was going to suggest a Hammerli Master - I have a very nice one looking for a good home, :D , but hardly new, as it was made in the 1970s.

Ian

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:18 pm

jassi wrote:I was going to suggest a Hammerli Master - I have a very nice one looking for a good home, :D , but hardly new, as it was made in the 1970s.

Ian
They are a great pistol I have the Hammerli Single, does your Master have the 8 grm co2 adapter ?, I must give my Single some use I've only shot it once this year. The Master could be a possible contender if I could find one with target grips, & recently resealed, atb, M.

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:22 pm

I think someone on this forum has just bought one with the target grips recently - really quite rare, I believe. I have the 8g adapter, though I've not used it - it just came in the box.
I have 2 of them at the moment, hence the disposal of one of them - eventually.

Ian

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:29 pm

jassi wrote:I think someone on this forum has just bought one with the target grips recently - really quite rare, I believe. I have the 8g adapter, though I've not used it - it just came in the box.
I have 2 of them at the moment, hence the disposal of one of them - eventually.

Ian
Yes your right I may have to do without the target grips, will have to find one in good order with the 8grm adapter like yours, atb M.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:55 pm

Both the 103 and the K58 are lovely pistols to shoot.

The 103 is currently leading the 6ympl competition.

The 103 is also available in a variety of colours, some more aesthetically pleasing than others.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:19 pm

pmh wrote:Both the 103 and the K58 are lovely pistols to shoot.

The 103 is currently leading the 6ympl competition.

The 103 is also available in a variety of colours, some more aesthetically pleasing than others.

Kind regards,

Phil
Thanks for the info on the pistols, must be just coincidence that all the 103 pistols I saw on line was blue I will do some more research on these pistols the 103 does sound like my kind of pistol I will also look at the k58, atb, M

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:37 pm

I say a variety of colours, I have seen them in: the gaudy darker blue, a lighter grey blue, and black.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:04 pm

pmh wrote:I say a variety of colours, I have seen them in: the gaudy darker blue, a lighter grey blue, and black.

Kind regards,

Phil
Thanks again for the info the 103 is of interest, but they don't come up very often, "Jassi" has renewed my interest in the Hammerli Master, currently though I can only find one for sale on gunstar a bit pricey as usual on there of course, if another comes up for sale I may go for it. I get the impression that jassi is undecided about his at the moment, so I will keep looking, atb, M. :)

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:37 pm

zunmik wrote:
pmh wrote:I say a variety of colours, I have seen them in: the gaudy darker blue, a lighter grey blue, and black.

Kind regards,

Phil
Thanks again for the info the 103 is of interest, but they don't come up very often, "Jassi" has renewed my interest in the Hammerli Master, currently though I can only find one for sale on gunstar a bit pricey as usual on there of course, if another comes up for sale I may go for it. I get the impression that jassi is undecided about his at the moment, so I will keep looking, atb, M. :)
Done a bit more research plus memories from way back so I will add the Hw 75 to the list i'll give it till Monday then go to my rfd on tues to see what he can offer me pistol wise he seems to have several on his website at the moment, atb, M. :)

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:59 pm

The Mk1 Feinwerkbau 103 had the "three piece grip" and had the painted parts finished in a very bright blue colour. John Gould has one of these at RMTC and prefers it to his PCP match pistol !

The Mk2 Feinwerkbau 103 came with that later "one piece grip" and had the painted parts in a light metallic blue colour. I have the Mk2 and think it is probably one of the best pistols I have ever owned.

Both of the 103 variants are very highly regarded and hugely sought after by the avid collectors of the best PCP pistol ever made - but unfortunately this also means that the prices for them have gone up very steeply (although they were never inexpensive in the first place).

It would be sacrilege to repaint this most desirable of all pistols in anything but an exact same original colour - but most of them have been so carefully looked after and treasured by their owners it is very rare to see one in anything but "mint" condition - but I did see a particularly "rough" example for sale on the BBS not so long back........and surprisingly it still sold for a very respectable price leaving me to think that potential 103 owners are now getting so desperate to own one that they will even accept poor examples at high prices.

Pictures of both can be seen on http://www.bobsairguns.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:06 pm

zooma wrote:The Mk1 Feinwerkbau 103 had the "three piece grip" and had the painted parts finished in a very bright blue colour. John Gould has one of these at RMTC and prefers it to his PCP match pistol !

The Mk2 Feinwerkbau 103 came with that later "one piece grip" and had the painted parts in a light metallic blue colour. I have the Mk2 and think it is probably one of the best pistols I have ever owned.

Both of the 103 variants are very highly regarded and hugely sought after by the avid collectors of the best PCP pistol ever made - but unfortunately this also means that the prices for them have gone up very steeply (although they were never inexpensive in the first place).

It would be sacrilege to repaint this most desirable of all pistols in anything but an exact same original colour - but most of them have been so carefully looked after and treasured by their owners it is very rare to see one in anything but "mint" condition - but I did see a particularly "rough" example for sale on the BBS not so long back........and surprisingly it still sold for a very respectable price leaving me to think that potential 103 owners are now getting so desperate to own one that they will even accept poor examples at high prices.

Pictures of both can be seen on http://www.bobsairguns.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Some useful info, and some very good points that I would normally agree with 100%, all my guns are as new, however I have seen 2 fwb 103's for sale recently with chipped pump levers, and would refinish these if they were mine as I do not buy my guns to collect or admire, but to shoot, now that I am retired this is 4-5 times a week and the pistol/rifle has to be up to it. normally I would agree always keep to original colour, but for me the pump lever would if needing re-finish would be black to allow for heavy use, but relax I am unlikely to obtain a 103, I lack the patience to wait for one, and would only refinish if needed as I do like my guns immaculate, enjoy your guns, atb, M.

zooma

Post by zooma » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:23 pm

zunmik wrote:
zooma wrote:The Mk1 Feinwerkbau 103 had the "three piece grip" and had the painted parts finished in a very bright blue colour. John Gould has one of these at RMTC and prefers it to his PCP match pistol !

Some useful info, and some very good points that I would normally agree with 100%, all my guns are as new, however I have seen 2 fwb 103's for sale recently with chipped pump levers, and would refinish these if they were mine as I do not buy my guns to collect or admire, but to shoot, now that I am retired this is 4-5 times a week and the pistol/rifle has to be up to it. normally I would agree always keep to original colour, but for me the pump lever would if needing re-finish would be black to allow for heavy use, but relax I am unlikely to obtain a 103, I lack the patience to wait for one, and would only refinish if needed as I do like my guns immaculate, enjoy your guns, atb, M.

It is always worth keeping an eye on eGun because there are still bargains to be had if you happen to strike lucky and spot something that is not being bid for with any great enthusiasm.
I have always failed to understand why it is possible for desirable air pistols to sometimes go on eGun auction for very fair ( read low) prices, and yet similar pistols prior and after still retain the sort of values they usually do at the very same eGun auction.
Generally though, it is fair to say that there are very few FWB103 pistol bargains to be had ...........but it is always worth looking because "stranger things have happened at sea".
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.