Original 6M pistol

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Re: Original 6M pistol

Post by zunmik » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:52 pm

pmh wrote:I am sure there a number of forum members who would be interested in this.

Kind regards,

Phil
Yes you may be right?, i'll leave it a few days on this thread before I advertise it for swap in case any one on CAPA is interested, i'm looking for a multi shot "fun" pellet pistol, but not cp88's or smith's i'm not impressed with those two, M. :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:11 pm

zunmik wrote:Unexpectedly I have bought yet another 6M pistol "great price & condition locally", so I now have 2 wood grip versions & 1 with plastic grips! :shock: , so I shall @ some stage offload the one with plastic grips (no hurry) the one with plastic grips has left & right hand grips, and is in a nice metal case. When I offload it I shall offer it for swap, one thing I lack now is a fun gun multi shot like a Colt 1911 (umarex) for instance we'll see i'll have a think about it, :think: , M. :)
Just adding a link to the picture of my latest 6M which is the reason i'm going to swap the plastic gripped 6M with both left & right handed grips, M.

https://picasaweb.google.com/mickson33/ ... 5143661202

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:11 pm

zunmik wrote:
pmh wrote:I am sure there a number of forum members who would be interested in this.

Kind regards,

Phil
Yes you may be right?, i'll leave it a few days on this thread before I advertise it for swap in case any one on CAPA is interested, i'm looking for a multi shot "fun" pellet pistol, but not cp88's or smith's i'm not impressed with those two, M. :)
Been giving the fun pistol a bit of thought, and I would also consider a spring pistol such as a magnum 240, hw45, or other powerfull pistol as a fun gun for swap, deal, exchange, or w h y, M. :think: :? :)

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:47 pm

I have always thought the HW45 to be over rated, and I do not enjoy shooting them.

The 240 is the rarer gun, and a better one to own, if one were available. A bit ugly, but a definite collectors item of future.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:21 pm

pmh wrote:I have always thought the HW45 to be over rated, and I do not enjoy shooting them.

The 240 is the rarer gun, and a better one to own, if one were available. A bit ugly, but a definite collectors item of future.

Kind regards,

Phil
Gad Sir, the BSA 240 Magnum "ugly" never, its a super designed pistol, punchy, accurate, and looks great unlike those "Wobbly" pistols!, made out of an old bit of bike frame with a barrel held on with a bit of bent nail ;) , yeah I think the 240's great basically I just want a fun gun, co2 or spring as I've got plenty of target pistols, i'll advertise more widely next week with fresh pics in its ali box with the extra grips for lefties, M. :lol:

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:29 pm

It might be worth getting a Crosman 2240, then adding custom parts to turn it into a .177

Should keep you busy tweaking it to your requirements!?

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:36 pm

pmh wrote:It might be worth getting a Crosman 2240, then adding custom parts to turn it into a .177

Should keep you busy tweaking it to your requirements!?

Kind regards,

Phil
Good idea, but I did that just over a year ago cost me a fortune in custom parts I went for stainless as I don't like brass much I did enjoy it & bought it up to the 2300 std with a .177 barrel, but don't feel like repeating it, atb, M. :)

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:12 pm

zunmik wrote:
Gad Sir, the BSA 240 Magnum "ugly" never, its a super designed pistol, punchy, accurate, and looks great unlike those "Wobbly" pistols!, made out of an old bit of bike frame with a barrel held on with a bit of bent nail ;) , yeah I think the 240's great basically I just want a fun gun, co2 or spring as I've got plenty of target pistols, i'll advertise more widely next week with fresh pics in its ali box with the extra grips for lefties, M. :lol:
I thought all of those old things had been melted down as scrap and if the metal was of a better grade it may have been fit to be reclaimed and used for one of the less important parts of those magnificent Webley spring powered air pistols - something like a pellet tin maybe :lol:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:19 pm

Although not a "proper" Gentlemans air pistol like one of those very fine Webley air pistols you love to envy so much I do have an almost new HW 45 Silver Star still sat in its box doing nothing at this moment - and it is a .177

Maybe the Original Model 6 is almost as good as one of those finely engineered Webley pistols so I may consider parting with my Silver Star if you would be interested and not try to pursued me to part with a Webley instead. :naughty:

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:28 pm

zooma wrote:Although not a "proper" Gentlemans air pistol like one of those very fine Webley air pistols you love to envy so much I do have an almost new HW 45 Silver Star still sat in its box doing nothing at this moment - and it is a .177

Maybe the Original Model 6 is almost as good as one of those finely engineered Webley pistols so I may consider parting with my Silver Star if you would be interested and not try to pursued me to part with a Webley instead. :naughty:
Sir you may be assured I would never seek one your wobblies :) , an hw45 I admit can be considered as a pistol which is somewhat worthy, and of interest M. :D

zooma

Post by zooma » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:11 pm

OK - as long as you really promise not to try and buy any of my Webleys :naughty: you may like to take a look at the picture link to my HW54 Silver Star.

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=152" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you have any similar shots of your Model 6M for me to see by any chance ?

I have a really nice Model 5 and your Model 6M would make a nice companion from a similar age.........you see I don't only collect and shoot Webley air pistols - I am very fond of the Diana/Original Models 5, 6 and 10 and have been lucky enough to own and shoot them all at different times since the early seventies :o

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:16 pm

zooma wrote:OK - as long as you really promise not to try and buy any of my Webleys :naughty: you may like to take a look at the picture link to my HW54 Silver Star.

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=152" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Do you have any similar shots of your Model 6M for me to see by any chance ?

I have a really nice Model 5 and your Model 6M would make a nice companion from a similar age.........you see I don't only collect and shoot Webley air pistols - I am very fond of the Diana/Original Models 5, 6 and 10 and have been lucky enough to own and shoot them all at different times since the early seventies :o
Pm sent, M. :)

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:12 am

zunmik wrote: Pm sent, M. :)

PM replied to - with no mention of a Webley at all :D

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:23 pm

zooma wrote:Pm sent, M. :)
zunmik wrote:PM replied to - with no mention of a Webley at all :D
Swap agreed actually I am happy to mention 2 webley's Nemesis, and the Turkish Alecto both of which I am happy to own & shoot. they aren't wobblies, M. :D

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:15 pm

zunmik wrote:
zooma wrote:Pm sent, M. :)
zunmik wrote:PM replied to - with no mention of a Webley at all :D
Swap agreed actually I am happy to mention 2 webley's Nemesis, and the Turkish Alecto both of which I am happy to own & shoot. they aren't wobblies, M. :D

Wobbly Webleys they are indeed !!! :o