Benelli Kite

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Benelli Kite

Post by zooma » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:48 am

The Benelli Kite is made by the same company that produces those ever so nice but very expensive shotguns and also some interesting motorcycles !

The Kite is a very well made match target pistol that has been likened to by an aero-technician to the manufacturing quality they work to when assembling the Concorde and later military jet aircraft - praise indeed !

The pistol is also quite good value for money when compared to its rival's with a current retail price of just £1150.00 and that includes the exclusive designer look fitted case !

The pistol comes with the usual range of tools, filling adaptor, handbook and test card etc so it is every bit as well specified as the rival products from Feinwerkbau and Steyr etc. All good do far - but like the Feinwerkbau there is an empty space inside the fitted case for a spare cylinder that has to be bought as a £150.00 extra so this in real terms gives a selling price of £1300.00 - much closer to that of its rivals!

The pistol can also be bought as a "compact" version for those that prefer a slightly shorter pistol and Benelli produce 4 ( yes four!) different lengths of air cylinder so adjusting the balance of a Kite when coupled with the optional balance bar is most certainly not going to be a problem.

The shorter version of the Kite is called the Kite Young and both share one of the best triggers in the business - along with what is probably the best rear sight assembly too!

The two main rear sight adjustments can be changed by turning little pop-out crank handles and the rear sight plate is infinitely adjustable both in width AND depth!! The pistol also comes with two different size front sights as standard.

The German made anatomical grip is also a nice change and fits most people that have had a go with my pistol very well indeed.

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=45" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

beeker
Marksman
Marksman

Re: Benelli Kite

Post by beeker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Beautiful looking pistol , if it shoots as good as it looks you will no doubt be a happy chappy.I wish you many hours of fun with it. 8-)
Bill

zooma

Re: Benelli Kite

Post by zooma » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi Bill - the Kites do shoot very well - but like all pistols it depends on whether or not they fit the person as well or better than anything else.

I have a Kite Young as well as the Kite and I personally get on better with this than the regular size Kite and this has come as a bit of a surprise as I generally do not gel too well with compact pistols - although in fairness the Young is not actually that short !

My eldest son has also bought a new Kite and he gets on very well with his and now shoots nothing else.Sometimes when I shoot my Kite I achieve some of my best results - but old age seems to have made me very inconsistent and I know it is me and not the pistol at fault (any of them!).

I may sell my Kite because since I bought it new last year I have hardly ever shot it and that does seem like a dreadful waste when it is such a nice pistol.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.