Baikal Izh53M

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
pmh
Site Admin
Re: Baikal Izh53M

Post by pmh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 pm

I tried the usual:- R10, Hobby, Geco, and found that I got the best grouping with the Geco also.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Had my first practice today with this pistol for Bench-rest comps it is much more forgiving than most springer's when rested, no doubt helped by the moderate power level of these pistols I look forward to shooting it in the comp this month, M. :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Done some more shooting with this pistol yesterday & today, 2 more pellet brands seemed good, x-man accupell, & Gamo target. Shooting freehand I find that to get the best grouping an extended (longer) holdover gives improved results I don't know if other 53m owners have found the same, M.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:28 pm

My cupboard is brimming with the pellets I already have, so I daren't buy anymore!

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:37 pm

pmh wrote:My cupboard is brimming with the pellets I already have, so I daren't buy anymore!

Kind regards,

Phil
I didn't buy them to test with Phil, the Gamo's came with a Compact I bought new & the Accupell's I've got loads left over from my ft days. Over the years ended up with loads of different brands, M. :)

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:52 pm

Found some time today to strip, tune, & lube the pistol, its now easier to shoot recoil smoother with an improved trigger, still not keen on the grip though on these new shape pistols, M.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 pm

Done some more shooting today with the 53m, the pistol was as new the light tune I gave it plus it bedding down has bought an improvement in performance its much smoother now with the trigger having become very light though still safe, and I am getting some super groups overall I am so pleased with this pistol that I have decided not to sell this one off with my clearout i'm doing so I will retain 2 springers as well as 2 target pistols. Also i'm now keeping both rifles, so just the 5 target pistols going later this month, M. :)

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:11 pm

I have heard a lot of good things about the Izh53M and it does seem to be one of the bargains of the airgun world.

Phil certainly seems to enjoy shooting his at the club - but it is the only one I have ever seen.

Are they available new from anywhere in the UK ?

I am quite happy with my Original Model 5 as my "kicker" for use in the MPL ( no mention of Webley's here you see) and I still have my Centre - another kicker I enjoy using from time to time but I can appreciate the value of this pistol and if it is accurate and available here in the UK it would be a good one to recommend newcomers to try before they commit to something a little more exotic (read expensive).

It is not so easy to find a good basic target air pistol anymore so this one looks like it could be a winner!
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:42 pm

There is certainly room for an entry level target gun along the lines of the Gamo Centre, and it would be nice to see one of the manufacturers code out with such.

I hope they happen to come across this forum and read this.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:31 pm

zooma wrote:I have heard a lot of good things about the Izh53M and it does seem to be one of the bargains of the airgun world.

Phil certainly seems to enjoy shooting his at the club - but it is the only one I have ever seen.

Are they available new from anywhere in the UK ?

I am quite happy with my Original Model 5 as my "kicker" for use in the MPL ( no mention of Webley's here you see) and I still have my Centre - another kicker I enjoy using from time to time but I can appreciate the value of this pistol and if it is accurate and available here in the UK it would be a good one to recommend newcomers to try before they commit to something a little more exotic (read expensive).

It is not so easy to find a good basic target air pistol anymore so this one looks like it could be a winner!
I believe York guns still stock them their may be others. M.