BT Infinity stops airgun collecting and Webley defence

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Re: BT Infinity stops airgun collecting and Webley defence

Post by zunmik » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:07 pm

zunmik wrote:
I.J. wrote:
zunmik wrote: Not so much a Webley basher more those pistol things they cobbled together out of plumbers left overs ;) , I would happily own a Nemesis, but that's the only pistol they made worth owning, there was a period when some of their break barrel rifles sadly had very soft jaws, & only secured by a pin which also became very "wobbly", overall though they did make some fine springer rifles, atb , M. :whistle: :lol:
My hero! :clap: Totally agree with the 'plumbers nightmare' pistols and other comments re rifles. :D To fix a pistol scope (Telescan?) onto where the back sight used to be to allow for the bad engineering practice of fitting a pivot pin rather than adjustable bolt is just plain bad engineering. :roll: The Eclipse cylinder was made out of aluminium and the power varied a lot due to temperature fluctuations. The Mark III was very over rated, as was the Service series. One of the best Webley rifles is the Omega or Brummie Longbow.

Im off now to my bunker. :?
I think we've exchanged "wobbly" comments on the bbs where I use I different i.d., it looks like were the only two whose blinkers have fell off, to make matters even worse I prefer a Magnum 240 to an hw45, total heresy ,eeeeeek, M. ;) :lol:
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:09 pm

I have a first issue Omega, though I did fit a 2nd issue trigger as this was better.

They are, indeed, excellent rifles.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:29 am

zunmik wrote: I think we've exchanged "wobbly" comments on the bbs where I use I different i.d., it looks like were the only two whose blinkers have fell off, to make matters even worse I prefer a Magnum 240 to an hw45, total heresy ,eeeeeek, M. ;) :lol:
Our numbers increase daily and others will follow our lead, remove their rose tinted glasses and pronounce -'Wobbly Webleys dont rule'. :dance:

With regards to the BSA 240 and HW45. Ive never shot the BSA :doh: (one of our club members has one and really rates it) but was never a fan of the top heavy HW45. :whistle:
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 am

pmh wrote:I have a first issue Omega, though I did fit a 2nd issue trigger as this was better.

They are, indeed, excellent rifles.

Kind regards,
Phil
I have in my collection the original Webley Omega prototype which came via the Wallis & Wallis auction from the closer of the Webley factory. (Was it the first, second. third or the fourth closure? :think: )
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airsnip ... ort=6&o=78

I also have a prototype Omega with an adjustable gas ram NOT the after market strut thing but an adjustable system as fitted to the Theoben range of rifles. Now that IS a lovely rifle to shoot. :D Fast, smooth firing cycle with very little recoil, pity its .22. Fist impressions are that its under powered - but its not! :shifty: I often wonder why Webley didn't take this into production. :think:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airsnip ... ort=6&o=80

ATB
Ian
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 pm

"I have in my collection the original Webley Omega prototype which came via the Wallis & Wallis auction "

...........more likely to have been Wallis and Grommet if you were involved!
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:15 pm

Ooooh looks like the webley Wobblers are stirring, maybe there Turkish Fez is starting to slip, M. ;) :D
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Loss of Broadband Service

Post by bellringer » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi I know how you feel to be without a broadband service. I am not an every day computer user, but I also use a B.T. line [with another provider] and I was unfortunate enough to be in an area where the B.T. sub distribution box was blown up by metal thieves. So not only did I lose internet supply but also telephone land line for several weeks. I really do not envy you, I suppose like many things, to steal words from a song ''we don't know what we've got till its gone. Hope you get back on line soon. Regards bellringer :pray:

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:01 pm

If you have a smart phone, and as a last resort, you can always tether a bluetooth device, which is where tablets come in handy.

When my estate was built they tried the "new" aluminium calls, as opposed to copper. Unfortunately, on a regular basis, the exposed end rots away and needs re-terminating, leaving the line dead for a few days.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zooma

Post by zooma » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:17 pm

[quote="I.J."]

Our numbers increase daily and others will follow our lead, remove their rose tinted glasses and pronounce -'Wobbly Webleys dont rule'. :dance:

Citizen IJ - Up the revolution brothers!

I think you are wrong - your revolution numbers do not increase daily and your Webley bashing disease has never got a proper grip on the UK air pistol enthusiasts. The "small pockets" of Wobbly haters that are left will never expand or proliferate :naughty:

Since pockets has been mentioned IJ has very deep pockets but very short arms :clap:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.