BT Infinity stops airgun collecting and Webley defence

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
BT Infinity stops airgun collecting and Webley defence

Post by zooma » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:45 pm

My Broadband is with BT infinity and it stopped working a week or so ago and has still not been fixed.

I was buying another "collectable" but that online transaction is now held until normal service resumes as all of my passcodes are on my MAC at home and not here on my works PC ( for obvious reasons).

I never realised just how much I depended on having an internet connection - or how angry I am at booking a half day off of work to meet the BT Infinity engineer today between 8am and 1 pm today when he did not show up !

I have a letter from BT with the job number on it confirming the appointment details - and yet they say the appointment was not on their system ( the same system that sent the letter ) and when challenged with this information they then said it had been a mistake and so I need to book another half day off of work to meet the engineer between 8am and 1pm this Wednesday!!!

My evenings are also spoilt as I can no longer attack IJ ( the Wobbly hater)as he slams the good name of Webley air pistols at every opportunity so I hope some of the regular contributors will take up the slack until I can return to assist in this most important defence of this range of truly iconic British made spring powered air pistols

You will be able to find IJ skulking about amongst any thread that includes any reference to Webley air pistols and if he is not detected and responded to he will not doubt also feel neglected so we have a duty of care to pursue him at all times!

Last edited by zooma; Today at 04:09 PM.
Last edited by zooma on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: BT Infinity stops airgun collecting and Webley defence

Post by pmh » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:54 pm

I ditched BT some considerable time ago, and will probably never go back.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

If not, it's down to Pizza Hut/McDonald's for use of their free WiFi.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:55 am

I sympathise with your loss of broadband. It really amazing how dependent upon it one becomes.
I'm with another provider, but use a BT landline and when it developed a fault, it was more than a week before the engineer was scheduled to look at it. :shock:
Fortunately he arrived as planned and I was soon reconnected, but the proceeding week was very difficult.

Ian

zooma

Post by zooma » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:33 pm

My Infinity broadband just stopped working (again) during the day on October 2nd.

I have another engineers visit booked for tomorrow October 9th so as long as they do not decide that was another "mistake" :snooty: I should be in with a chance of getting it sorted.

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:40 am

After waiting for over a week BT sent not one but two engineers who arrived within a couple of minutes of each other.

Within seconds (and after having used our toilet) they decided there was no problem with the equipment in the house and that the fault must be in the BT Infinity Cabinet just down the road.

As the house alarm went off we guessed that they had reached the cabinet and were tinkering with the wires :doh:

Within a few minutes they both returned ( in their two separate vans) to confirm that everything should now be OK as it was a "port" that had failed inside their BT Infinity Cabinet.

Although very suspicious they did say that there was nothing to suggest that IJ had been tampering about inside their cabinet - but I will remain suspicious and continue to think that he would be the most likely cause of the failure as it gained him a few more unchallenged days to slag-off Webley pistols with little response from me to defend them :naughty:

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I don't know who IJ is that's mentioned in this thread, but he sounds like a man of impeccable taste, surely the best place for the knackered old "Wobblies" is in a Chinese melting pot. M. :lol: ;)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:47 pm

zunmik wrote:I don't know who IJ is that's mentioned in this thread, but he sounds like a man of impeccable taste, surely the best place for the knackered old "Wobblies" is in a Chinese melting pot. M. :lol: ;)

Ha - so IJ has found a fellow Webley bashing playmate :doh: - he will be pleased !

If you also dislike Relum air rifles then you will have found a true kindred spirit in IJ :lol:

Although I do like Webley spring powered air pistols I am not at all keen on the Relum air rifles so there is some common ground for me to share with IJ - well he doesn't take up too much space in any case and he likes being in the shade ! :dance:

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:57 pm

zooma wrote:
zunmik wrote:I don't know who IJ is that's mentioned in this thread, but he sounds like a man of impeccable taste, surely the best place for the knackered old "Wobblies" is in a Chinese melting pot. M. :lol: ;)

Ha - so IJ has found a fellow Webley bashing playmate - he will be pleased !

If you also dislike Relum air rifles then you will have found a true kindred spirit! :lol:
Not so much a Webley basher more those pistol things they cobbled together out of plumbers left overs ;) , I would happily own a Nemesis, but that's the only pistol they made worth owning, there was a period when some of their break barrel rifles sadly had very soft jaws, & only secured by a pin which also became very "wobbly", overall though they did make some fine springer rifles, atb , M. :whistle: :lol:

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:51 pm

zunmik wrote: Not so much a Webley basher more those pistol things they cobbled together out of plumbers left overs ;) , I would happily own a Nemesis, but that's the only pistol they made worth owning, there was a period when some of their break barrel rifles sadly had very soft jaws, & only secured by a pin which also became very "wobbly", overall though they did make some fine springer rifles, atb , M. :whistle: :lol:
My hero! :clap: Totally agree with the 'plumbers nightmare' pistols and other comments re rifles. :D To fix a pistol scope (Telescan?) onto where the back sight used to be to allow for the bad engineering practice of fitting a pivot pin rather than adjustable bolt is just plain bad engineering. :roll: The Eclipse cylinder was made out of aluminium and the power varied a lot due to temperature fluctuations. The Mark III was very over rated, as was the Service series. One of the best Webley rifles is the Omega or Brummie Longbow.

Im off now to my bunker. :?
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:01 pm

I.J. wrote:
zunmik wrote: Not so much a Webley basher more those pistol things they cobbled together out of plumbers left overs ;) , I would happily own a Nemesis, but that's the only pistol they made worth owning, there was a period when some of their break barrel rifles sadly had very soft jaws, & only secured by a pin which also became very "wobbly", overall though they did make some fine springer rifles, atb , M. :whistle: :lol:
My hero! :clap: Totally agree with the 'plumbers nightmare' pistols and other comments re rifles. :D To fix a pistol scope (Telescan?) onto where the back sight used to be to allow for the bad engineering practice of fitting a pivot pin rather than adjustable bolt is just plain bad engineering. :roll: The Eclipse cylinder was made out of aluminium and the power varied a lot due to temperature fluctuations. The Mark III was very over rated, as was the Service series. One of the best Webley rifles is the Omega or Brummie Longbow.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:07 pm

zunmik wrote:
I.J. wrote:

I think we've exchanged "wobbly" comments on the bbs where I use I different i.d., it looks like were the only two whose blinkers have fell off, to make matters even worse I prefer a Magnum 240 to an hw45, total heresy ,eeeeeek, M. ;) :lol:

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:09 pm

I have a first issue Omega, though I did fit a 2nd issue trigger as this was better.

They are, indeed, excellent rifles.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:29 am

zunmik wrote: I think we've exchanged "wobbly" comments on the bbs where I use I different i.d., it looks like were the only two whose blinkers have fell off, to make matters even worse I prefer a Magnum 240 to an hw45, total heresy ,eeeeeek, M. ;) :lol:
Our numbers increase daily and others will follow our lead, remove their rose tinted glasses and pronounce -'Wobbly Webleys dont rule'. :dance:

With regards to the BSA 240 and HW45. Ive never shot the BSA :doh: (one of our club members has one and really rates it) but was never a fan of the top heavy HW45. :whistle:

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 am

pmh wrote:I have a first issue Omega, though I did fit a 2nd issue trigger as this was better.

They are, indeed, excellent rifles.

Kind regards,
Phil
I have in my collection the original Webley Omega prototype which came via the Wallis & Wallis auction from the closer of the Webley factory. (Was it the first, second. third or the fourth closure? :think: )
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airsnip ... ort=6&o=78

I also have a prototype Omega with an adjustable gas ram NOT the after market strut thing but an adjustable system as fitted to the Theoben range of rifles. Now that IS a lovely rifle to shoot. :D Fast, smooth firing cycle with very little recoil, pity its .22. Fist impressions are that its under powered - but its not! :shifty: I often wonder why Webley didn't take this into production. :think:
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airsnip ... ort=6&o=80

ATB
Ian

zooma

Post by zooma » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:51 pm

"I have in my collection the original Webley Omega prototype which came via the Wallis & Wallis auction "

...........more likely to have been Wallis and Grommet if you were involved!