Hi all, new to the site and in need of help

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
RUSS
Hi all, new to the site and in need of help

Post by RUSS » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi I have a Record Jumbo in need of a few parts and refinishing, the main part being the piston seal / top hat or in German kolbenmanschette. Does anyone know to any parts? I definitely need one of the 5mm screws that hold the close cap in place. As for refinishing what would be best chemical gun blue? spray paint (two pack satin)? Any and all ideas would be appreciated, It's a good little pistol that needs help and deserves it, not powerful but accurate and fun to plink the cans with. Many thanks Russ
Guns n Boats .... life don't get much better.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Re: Hi all, new to the site and in need of help

Post by zunmik » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:42 pm

RUSS wrote:Hi I have a Record Jumbo in need of a few parts and refinishing, the main part being the piston seal / top hat or in German kolbenmanschette. Does anyone know to any parts? I definitely need one of the 5mm screws that hold the close cap in place. As for refinishing what would be best chemical gun blue? spray paint (two pack satin)? Any and all ideas would be appreciated, It's a good little pistol that needs help and deserves it, not powerful but accurate and fun to plink the cans with. Many thanks Russ
Whilst i'm not sure of current stock levels I do know that a few years ago Drapers Airguns of Nottingham bought a load of jumbo spares, so it might be worth a try just google for their website, not sure about refinishing so can't help there, and welcome to the website, M. :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

RUSS

Post by RUSS » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Hi thanks have just phoned them but they sold and run out of all the stock they had spares and pistols, have tried Chambers but no luck :( think I will try and make the piston seal in good old leather! The screw I will be able to make on my lathe. Will keep looking for the correct seal but will as said try leather. Thanks Russ :D
Guns n Boats .... life don't get much better.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:17 pm

You could try garryt as he does a duracoat finish, link to a previous thead on this is >here<.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<