Pardini P10

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Pardini P10

Post by zooma » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:37 am

The Pardini P10 is very nice SSP target pistol that is believed to have shared the same designer as the FAS 604 but it is a little bigger .

The P10 is easy to cock and very pleasant to shoot.

A previous owner of this example has fitted a small barrel weight with some easy to remove "servo tape" but it looks good and the pistol feels well balanced so it will be staying for the time being at least.

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=174" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

micken
Marksman
Marksman

Re: Pardini P10

Post by micken » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:30 am

A really nice pistol Bob. The rear sight windage and sight leaf bear an uncanny resemblance to the two FAS 604 versions that we recently discussed.

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:14 am

Hi Bob
I've never seen one in the metal, it looks from the pics to be better made than the FAS, what's the trigger like? There is a Match Gun, I think the 600 which is also a similar profile, all of them made to mimic the ballance and feel of a smallbore standard pistol.
I have a bin full of similar weights, use them for rifle ballancing, mine are tyre weights!
Best regards
Robin

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:48 am

Hi Robin,

The trigger is superb, but the previous owner has fitted an "Anschutz" type trigger blade that I do not like the feel of, but fortunately he also included the original ( more conventional shaped) trigger blade so I will fit that tonight when I adjust the length to suite my hand size better.

The pistol is really is nice and as the rear site on my much loved 604 is now completely "kaput" this is a welcome alternative for me to use as I try to arrange a mortgage for the new rear sight part that it needs.( I can buy a nice Airsporter for less!).

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:49 am

A great looking pistol its good to see one or two quality pistols reappearing in the section, never tried one, but only heard good comments about them, atb, M. :handgestures-thumbupright:
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Thirdwheel » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:15 am

what a super looking pistol - I never knew there were so many different types and different ways that manufactures and designers have tried to make cocking / charging simpler.
I've a vested interest in evaluating different ergonmic charging methods as my wife is enjoying shooting my pistols and wishes to have a go at the 6yd MPL next season. she has real difficultly cocking my Webley alecto and the HW40 I bought her this week as she is left handed and it is very light. I usually have to do man power bit and cock it for her. Suppose this turns it into a "PCP"!

Thanks for sharing the pistol with us.

George

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Thirdwheel wrote:what a super looking pistol - I never knew there were so many different types and different ways that manufactures and designers have tried to make cocking / charging simpler.
I've a vested interest in evaluating different ergonmic charging methods as my wife is enjoying shooting my pistols and wishes to have a go at the 6yd MPL next season. she has real difficultly cocking my Webley alecto and the HW40 I bought her this week as she is left handed and it is very light. I usually have to do man power bit and cock it for her. Suppose this turns it into a "PCP"!

Thanks for sharing the pistol with us.

George
Nice one George - you provide the power without the need for an air cylinder! :lol:

As a matter of interest I think I have shot all of the SSP pistols and the Pardini is by far the easiest to cock followed by the Walther LPM-1 and the FAS 604.

I also found the HW40 difficult to cock but it is not so easy to find a l/h version of those that I mention, although I think I saw a left handed 604 for sale on BBS this week.

Thirdwheel
Plinker
Plinker

Post by Thirdwheel » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Thanks for the insight about what you find the easiest to charge, possibly think the Walther would be too heavy for her but a newer alloy Fas 604 could be worth a try. Yup I saw the LH Fas for sale after I bought her the HW40 - I've bought three pistols this month so I thought I had better let it pass for the moment. Converting to LH on a pistol you can remove the grips from is not too much of a problem as new grips can be made and I've a few bits of walnut drying out nicely in the workshop.

George

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:37 pm

If you can make your own left handed grips then it could be worth adding the Feinwerkbau SSP pistols to your list of pistols to try.

The FWB 103 is quite superb and is also easy to cock.

I did not mention it at the time as they are getting a bit difficult to find at a decent price but they probably remain the Rolls Royce of all SSP match air pistols.

I have not tried their model 100 and 102 types that may be found a a more reasonable price, but as they share basically the same system they could well be worth taking a look at if you can find one.