Alfa Proj Classic

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Alfa Proj Classic

Post by zunmik » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:42 pm

A favourite co2 pistol of mine, sadly had little use for some time due to nowhere to shoot 10 mtrs now, the reason for the thread I found this review that might help others considering a co2 Target pistol, M.

http://www.airgunarena.com/index.php/Al ... Air_Pistol
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Alfa Proj Classic

Post by pmh » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Thought this would be better here, than in General :D

These are good pistols and a club member uses one to good effect.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:44 pm

pmh wrote:Thought this would be better here, than in General :D

These are good pistols and a club member uses one to good effect.

Kind regards,

Phil
I'm going to use mine in the benchrest comp next month, before it goes with the other target pistols i'm off loading to a local pistolero, M. :)

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:06 pm

[quote="zunmik"

I'm going to use mine in the benchrest comp next month, before it goes with the other target pistols i'm off loading to a local pistolero, M. :)[/quote]

Good idea - it should generate enough cash to buy a nice Webley :clap:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:17 pm

zooma wrote:[quote="zunmik"

I'm going to use mine in the benchrest comp next month, before it goes with the other target pistols i'm off loading to a local pistolero, M. :)

Good idea - it should generate enough cash to buy a nice Webley :clap:[/quote]
I presume you mean a Nemesis or Alecto the rest were all just Tat, M, :lol: ;)

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:57 am

..........actually I do quite fancy a Nemesis - I recently missed a "minter" on BBS for £60 complete with the optional palm shelf so I hope another nice example comes along so I can add one to my collection - then I can shoot an SSP Webley as well as the most excellently engineered spring powered pistols from this prestigious ( and much missed) British manufacturer. :dance:

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:23 pm

zooma wrote:..........actually I do quite fancy a Nemesis - I recently missed a "minter" on BBS for £60 complete with the optional palm shelf so I hope another nice example comes along so I can add one to my collection - then I can shoot an SSP Webley as well as the most excellently engineered spring powered pistols from this prestigious ( and much missed) British manufacturer. :dance:
I found my Nemesis to be very accurate I to had a palm shelf sourced separately "lucky to find it" Just before I picked up a lifetime ban on that site for calling a mod a prat (just being honest). However I did have to replace the wobbly usual agricultural trigger spring, overall a great pistol though. Shame with all their years of practice they never produced a good springer pistol. M ;) :)

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:59 pm

zunmik wrote:
zooma wrote:..........actually I do quite fancy a Nemesis - I recently missed a "minter" on BBS for £60 complete with the optional palm shelf so I hope another nice example comes along so I can add one to my collection - then I can shoot an SSP Webley as well as the most excellently engineered spring powered pistols from this prestigious ( and much missed) British manufacturer. :dance:
I found my Nemesis to be very accurate I to had a palm shelf sourced separately "lucky to find it" Just before I picked up a lifetime ban on that site for calling a mod a prat (just being honest). However I did have to replace the wobbly usual agricultural trigger spring, overall a great pistol though. Shame with all their years of practice they never produced a good springer pistol. M ;) :)[/quote

:think: They did produce lots of good and successful spring powered air pistols !

In recent terms the (spring powered) Tempest was much more successful than the Nemesis and not only out-lived it and out-sold it but it is still in production today and it may even go on to outlive the Alecto as well! :whistle:

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:13 pm

zooma wrote:
zunmik wrote:
I found my Nemesis to be very accurate I to had a palm shelf sourced separately "lucky to find it" Just before I picked up a lifetime ban on that site for calling a mod a prat (just being honest). However I did have to replace the wobbly usual agricultural trigger spring, overall a great pistol though. Shame with all their years of practice they never produced a good springer pistol. M ;) :)[/quote

:think: They did produce lots of good and successful spring powered air pistols !

In recent terms the (spring powered) Tempest was much more successful than the Nemesis and not only out-lived it and out-sold it but it is still in production today and it may even go on to outlive the Alecto as well! :whistle:
Ah there will always be those who view them through rose tinted glasses :) sorry I dared to put up a non wobbly thread even though I know they always get buried quickly i'll leave the other articles to save folk having to bury them, M. :|

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Actually I like the Alfa Proj but I prefer the TAU 7 Match - both have similar specification, both are made in the same town and share the same end caps etc but the Alpha has a slightly more upright "military" grip whereas the Tau Match has a more angled almost "free pistol" grip and this just happens to suite me better.

Both of these pistols can perform as well as any PCP and in the right hands they can often out-score them as well.

The Proj is the best version of the Alfa - the type with the barrel sleeve is not as nice and does not feel as good either.