Crosman bulk fill pistols

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
jassi
Plinker
Plinker
Crosman bulk fill pistols

Post by jassi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:58 am

Back in the early days of CO2, before the self-contained capsule we use today was made, Crosman made a series of CO2 guns that relied on filling from a larger tank.
They made a model 111 in .177 cal and a model 112 in .22. These are single shot pistols with an X inch barrel and because they don’t have to accommodate the CO2 capsule, have a much more slender appearance than say the Crosman 150.
I saw one on these for sale about a year ago and fell in love I had to have one and in time bought one of each calibre. They have adjustable power output and can deliver well over 400 fps. The rear sight is a bit rudimentary, but can be adjusted for distance and windage.

Of course, you have to set up for bulk fill and get the gear, but after that its very cheap and gas works out  at about 1/3 rd the price of capsules. Other pistols such as Crosman Mk1 and S&W 78G can also use bulk fill. I’m currently using paintball quick connectors to save the thread from being damaged.

Crosman also made a couple of rifles (113 &114) and a pair of shorter barrelled pistols ( 115 & 116), before moving to the gas capsules.
If you are fortunate to come across one, you will not be disappointed

Ian

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 am

Splendid pistol!

I love the old Crosmans - looking at a boxed MK1 soon.....

What are your bulk fill arrangements Ian?

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:34 am

Excellent pictures of a gun I know little about.

They certainly do have nice lines, and and remind me of the Ruger. 22lr pistol.

A chap at our target club has a Feinwerkbau CO2 pistol that's bulk fill, and and it's cylinder is certainly a smaller diameter than a PCP one would be.

Kind regards,

Phil

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 am

Ian:272 wrote:Splendid pistol!

I love the old Crosmans - looking at a boxed MK1 soon.....

What are your bulk fill arrangements Ian?
At the moment, just a 2kg fire extinguisher, though when that runs low, I'm going to hire a larger pub cylinder and refill the extinguisher from that myself as I've no way of getting the extinguisher filled locally.

Ian

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:59 am

The chap at our club uses a bar supplies company.

He got a beer cylinder, and sounds like on permanent loan and gets it filled by them.

Kind regards,

Phil

jassi
Plinker
Plinker

Post by jassi » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:29 pm

That's the sort of thing I plan, though I think I have to pay a monthly rental charge of about £2 for every month I keep the cylinder.
My Idea is to refill my extinguisher, then fill the pistols from the bigger cylinder for a few months and then return it and use the extinguisher until empty and then repeat the cycle.
I've currently got 6 pistols capable of bulk fill and I'm experimenting with a rechargeable capsule to use in a 38T.

I just wish lead was as cheap as the gas.

Ian