Relum Pistol Help!

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
bellringer
Marksman
Marksman
Relum Pistol Help!

Post by bellringer » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:07 pm

I have just taken on the job of restoring one very rare pistol ie. a Relum air pistol circa 1957/1959. Several things have me puzzled. Firstly the [two] mainsprings are totally 'shot' they didn't even put any pressure on the end cap during its removal, so anyone got any idea as to length of the mainsprings ?. Also there is a large ?! cap head screw going vertically through the grip behind the hand grip part, the grip has a hole large enough to take the screw head [but I feel this screw is not original]; the screw goes through the trigger housing which is threaded to accept it, and it puts pressure on the sear as a ''trigger adjusting'' screw. To confuse things even more the sear is threaded right through at the point of contact with the screw end as though there should be a screw here, but how all this pans out I really don't know. Anyone got any info on this pistol or even examined one enough to help. All replies gratefully accepted. bellringer :eusa-pray:

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Relum Pistol Help!

Post by pmh » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:37 pm

I.J. probably know more about Relums than most so, hopefully, he'll spot this and he able to some assistance.

His eyes will certainly light up to see somebody else mention Relum.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 pm

The blokes at Protek supplies are very helpful they carry a lot of Relum parts, & may be able to help with parts & advice for your pistol, M.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:31 pm

zunmik. Thanks for the message about Protek; I have never used them before but will contact them and see what they can offer. cheers bellringer

Pavarotti

Post by Pavarotti » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Hi

Can you put up a few pictures? What particular Relum pistol is it?

bellringer
Marksman
Marksman

Post by bellringer » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:25 pm

zunmik hi. I tried Protek but they have no info or parts, but well worth the try. I have had to design a pair of main springs from scratch and with the help of a local suppliers design program I will have some in the new year; as for photos the gun is in bits at the moment so that is not an option unless any one wants to see some of the ones I took during strip down. [ I have yet to put photo's on the forum so advice on this is needed please]. As for model, there is nothing on the pistol other than a very faint "Foreign" stamped in; there is no serial number or model I/D; the maker never put them on; I understand that it was sometimes called a " Hurricane" at a later date, but this one I believe is about late 1950's when they were often sold through mail order catalogues. So I still have almost no info on the pistol and will welcome any thing anyone can find. bellringer

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:08 am

pmh wrote:I.J. probably know more about Relums than most so, hopefully, he'll spot this and he able to some assistance.

Kind regards,
Phil
I find that the best improvement for Relum pistols/rifles is to reduce the length of the barrels. :shock:

That way the 'Hungarian Swamp Donkeys' fit into the bin better. :D
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

johnbaz
Plinker
Plinker

Post by johnbaz » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:55 pm

I.J. wrote: I find that the best improvement for Relum pistols/rifles is to reduce the length of the barrels. :shock:

Ooof!!

Harsh Ian :shock: Harsh but fair!! :o :lol:

John :D

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:00 pm

I.J. wrote:
pmh wrote:I.J. probably know more about Relums than most so, hopefully, he'll spot this and he able to some assistance.

Kind regards,
Phil
I find that the best improvement for Relum pistols/rifles is to reduce the length of the barrels. :shock:

What he didn't tell you was that he'd be hiding in the bin waiting to catch it "my precious" :dance:

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<