Original Model 5 - Old type with wood stock

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Re: Original Model 5 - Old type with wood stock

Post by zunmik » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:11 pm

I've been following the threads on the mod5 with some interest my own memories is that its an ok pistol, but I much preferred the Hw70 at that time as I found it to be smoother action with a superior trigger. Of course we all have our own views on guns, I don't comment much now as its hard getting through the rmtc on this site. As a matter of interest my mod 5 was with a grey grip which I loathed so I did not keep it long.
atb M. :)
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:40 pm

zunmik wrote:I've been following the threads on the mod5 with some interest my own memories is that its an ok pistol, but I much preferred the Hw70 at that time as I found it to be smoother action with a superior trigger. Of course we all have our own views on guns, I don't comment much now as its hard getting through the rmtc on this site. As a matter of interest my mod 5 was with a grey grip which I loathed so I did not keep it long.

The very first air pistol I ever bought new was an HW70. It must have been one of the first available in this country as I bought it in 1970 in my home town of Bath from "Crudgingtons" in Green Street - sadly a business that is no longer there!

My HW70 had a "mottled" brown almost tortoiseshell colour and was my "pride and joy" for many years but I sold it when the Original Model 6 first came out to help me pay for it. I wanted to try this new recoilless experience for myself and it was the only way I could afford to do so at the time.

Strangely enough I recently found the long-lost HW70 "handbook" that I had put somewhere "safe" all those years ago - and it is still in mint condition - it never really took much reading as it never had much information inside it but I am pleased that I have rediscovered it again as I lost it just a few weeks after I bought the pistol and it now brings back fond memories of a pistol I wish I had kept.

At that time my friend bought a new Model 5 with a brown moulded grip and I honestly thought my HW70 was the better pistol - but maybe that's just because I was young and it was my first new air pistol as to be honest the Original Model 5 was also a very good pistol.

It would be nice to try an HW70 against an Original Model 5 (both from the same early 1970's time period) to see if my fond memories of my first "new" pistol clouded my judgement to see it it really was any better than the Model 5.
Last edited by zooma on Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zooma

Post by zooma » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:29 am

zunmik wrote:
Of course we all have our own views on guns, I don't comment much now as its hard getting through the rmtc on this site.

You have made 578 posts on CAPA so far and so they seem to "getting through the rmtc" (whatever than means) OK and your contributions are valued the same as anybody else's.

As far as I am aware there are only 3 or 4 RMTC members that contribute to this CAPA thread ( a very low percentage of the thread membership) and you have made more contributions than any of them (moderators excepted - of course) so keep going ! :clap:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.