Pardini P10 PROBLEM

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Pardini P10 PROBLEM

Post by zooma » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:21 pm

Last night at the club I lent my "new to me" Pardini P10 to a fellow club member and he was shooting very well with it until he reported that all of his shots had suddenly started going low on the target. :think:

I went over and checked his target and all of the shots were well below the black - even though they had been correctly placed on his previous cards shot with the same pistol, so I took a shot to see if I could see what was going on and scored a perfect 10 and then two nines with all three shots being very tightly grouped. :dance:

John G then took two shots ( again on the same card) and both of his were nines. On handing the pistol back to the club member he shot low again, lost his confidence and gave me the pistol back so I put up a fresh card and started to shoot it. :think:

Some shots were good but then the pistol locked-up and would not shoot. Once the pellet was cleared I tried again and sometimes the pistol would shoot and sometimes it would not. :doh:

Guessing at it I think it may be a sticky valve that may have contributed to those low shots :geek: and is also why it will shoot sometimes but not others - but does anybody have any experience with Pardini SSP pistols and has had any similar problems?

Any thoughts would be appreciated as it is a lovely shooting pistol ( and dead accurate too) but it is obviously feeling a little poorly at the moment and needs some attention.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zooma

Re: Pardini P10 PROBLEM

Post by zooma » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Having down-loaded the handbook and exploded drawings from the very helpful Pardini site I attempted to adjust the trigger as I read that incorrect adjustment could prevent it from working as it should - no surprise there then as this advice could be applied to almost every trigger but it was well worth trying as it was a possibility that it could be related to this problem.

An attempt to shoot some cards showed a markedly deteriorating situation as it was also now well down on power and it began to show all the signs of a leaking SSP that needs a re-seal.......and it continued to "lock-up" so this may have been caused by the lack of pressure.

The mysterious excellent shots that John and I scored during the middle of a poor run of shots was probably achieved when the seal had not failed completely and so maybe it was a bit "on and off" as the seal deteriorated.

Strangely and at all times the pistol would continue to go off with a very healthy sounding "bang"when it was dry fired so it is still a little mysterious but maybe the new seals will fix it.
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.