F.E.G. GPM 02

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
I.J.
Marksman
Marksman
F.E.G. GPM 02

Post by I.J. » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:24 pm

My new, to me, F.E.G. pistol. :D
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

pmh
Site Admin

Re: F.E.G. GPM 02

Post by pmh » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:22 pm

Very interesting indeed. Not familiar with that pistol at all.

There is quite a cant on that grip, and I don't mean the shooter. :D

That reminds me, I'll be dropping your MPL trophy off tonight.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:41 pm

Ive only ever seen one other and that had been converted to pcp. :?

Cheers for the trophy. :D I will pick it up (hopefully) next week.

ATB
Ian

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:06 am

I.J. wrote:Ive only ever seen one other and that had been converted to pcp. :?

Cheers for the trophy. :D I will pick it up (hopefully) next week.

ATB
Ian

Make sure you look nice and tidy next Tuesday as it is very important that we take a good picture of you and your trophy to put on all of the forums as you are the current MPL National 6 yard Postal Champion - Ranked No 1 in the UK :clap:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:11 am

That is a nice unusual pistol to add to the huge pile of squinting air weapons that are stashed in the IJ Cave - never to see the light of day again once the brief novelty of ownership has passed away. :snooty:

The free pistol type of grip angle looks good and if it has a nice trigger it should feel nice to shoot too.

Nice one Ian - a very interesting little find :clap:

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:57 am

zooma wrote:That is a nice unusual pistol to add to the huge pile of squinting air weapons that are stashed in the IJ Cave - never to see the light of day again once the brief novelty of ownership has passed away. :snooty:
Tis true - but there is only so many hours in a day and only seven days in a week. (Well, over this way there is. :shifty: ). Only two hands and so many pistols/rifles. :think:

The triggers not bad. :clap: A big 'grunchy' on the first stage, which I can live with and quite light and clean on the release. The biggest problem is that there is not enough elevation adjustment on the rear sight. :think: The sights are easily stripable and I shall therefor modify them before its next outing - in June 2017. ;)

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:17 am

The biggest problem is that there is not enough elevation adjustment on the rear sight. :think: The sights are easily stripable and I shall therefor modify them before its next outing - in June 2017. ;)[/quote]

I am sure we will all look forward to the official "reveal" in 2017 but hope for an unofficial "sneaky peak" at the club next Tuesday.

I have a small sledgehammer that will probably help to sort the sights out for you :dance: so I will bring it along and ask Graham if he can bring his angle grinder and welding gear just to make sure that we can complete the job for you in the way that we have planned.

Shouldn't take too long..................anything to help :whistle:

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Hi Ian
That is a very rare piece, I think from the 90's so it was a bit out of date when it was made. Never seen one before, I believe they did make sporting air rifles. The company is Fegyver-es Gepgyar from Budapest, and they are a very old company dating from 1851, company was taken over during the last big unpleasantness and made a copy of the Walther PPK which probaly was a stroke of luck as after the war they continued to make them and developed on to make police and self defence guns which sold very well in US. They went bust in 2004 so I hope you don't need spares.

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:48 pm

Thank you for that info Robin. :D The F.E.G. is a rare beast and one of the reasons I bought it. It wont be used as my main match pistol. :snooty: While it is, shall we say, very basic and agricultural in construction (its built like a brick out house :whistle: ) I wont need to resort to big hammers and welding gear to sort the rear sight problem out. After your attacking that Original model 5 on Tues Bob with, I find myself struggling to say this - MOLE GRIPS :o :snooty: I doubt if I will let you work on it. :pray:

ATB
Ian :D

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:12 pm

I.J. wrote:Thank you for that info Robin. :D The F.E.G. is a rare beast and one of the reasons I bought it. It wont be used as my main match pistol. :snooty: While it is, shall we say, very basic and agricultural in construction (its built like a brick out house :whistle: ) I wont need to resort to big hammers and welding gear to sort the rear sight problem out. After your attacking that Original model 5 on Tues Bob with, I find myself struggling to say this - MOLE GRIPS :o :snooty: I doubt if I will let you work on it. :pray:

ATB
Ian :D

Ha - the Model 5 in question was having a previously chewed end cap replaced with a nice shiny new one and JG was using a leather pad wrapped around the end cap under his "removal tool" after soaking the chewed cap in a releasing fluid - although there was not too much point in doing this as the previous owner had already damaged the cap so badly - presumably in a failed attempt to unscrew it! :snooty:

Anyway the previously chewed up end cap did finally agree to rotate and the pistol was then put into a spring compressor before this damaged end cap was replaced with a new one I had bought for the job from Chamberlains a couple of weeks before Christmas.

The grey plastic gripped Model 5 in question is in very good condition and has a nice blue finish too, but it looks like the previous owner attempted to unscrew the seized end cap and failed to shift it but damaged it in the process - rather strange as the pistol shoots well and did not need stripping !.

When I bought the pistol there was some black electrical tape wrapped around the damaged serrations on the end cap to hide the damage and the rear sight was from some sort of older Original rifle (?) but again this was replaced with a new rear sight assembly that was also bought from Chamberlains at the same time and now the pistol looks to be in almost mint condition - very nice indeed so I am sure you can trust us with your old eastern European lump and we have just the right (heavy)tools to do it for you :lol:
Last edited by zooma on Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Im so please to hear that the Model 5 survived the onslaught, I mean gun smithing, of both you and John Gee Gee. I did hear a rumour that John once hurt his horse while he was shoeing it. :o :snooty: :D

It fell out of the vice. :dance:
I did ask him "Have you shoed a horse before?" and he replied "No! But I once told a donkey to p*** off."

zooma

Post by zooma » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:26 pm

I.J. wrote:Im so please to hear that the Model 5 survived the onslaught, I mean gun smithing, of both you and John Gee Gee. I did hear a rumour that John once hurt his horse while he was shoeing it. :o :snooty:

It fell out of the vice. :dance:
................that part could be true! :lol:

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:10 pm

[quote="I.J.]
The biggest problem is that there is not enough elevation adjustment on the rear sight. :think: The sights are easily stripable and I shall therefor modify them before its next outing - in June 2017. ;)[/quote]

Sight now modified. :dance:

Thank god for Araldite! :whistle:

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Ian
Just from the pictures it looks to be a much higher quality and better engineering finish than the normal eastern bloc, people think of the Berlin wall and think comminism collapsed with it there but Hungary was the country that realy caused the collapse. I competed in Europe in the 80's in my other sport circuit powerboat racing and the Hungarians were at all the big meetings, they were generaly the only Eastern bloc to do so and they had top level kit where as the others such as the Russian had fast rubbish that never finished.

Hungary opened its borders quietly many years earlier and later officialy when challenged, which forced the wall down, as people could officialy travel from East Germany to Hungary and then just freely walk out to the West.

Hungary was always different, and with a higher standard of living than the rest of the east and they never accepted communism and repeatedly opposed it and after in '59 when they found out that a revolution would not work, they then set about to just wear down the Russians and that did work.
I don't think this is a true eastern bloc offereing, I suspect the engineering is a big step above. The grip angle is very "free pistol", the only thing I can find on this pistol is a Gunstar add (may be this one) which refers to it as '90's, I do wonder if its earlier as it looks more 80's, very interesting and a good find for a collector.

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Well!!! I have just spent an interesting half hour after googling the gun name, it turns out there is a lot of info on them! I discovered that a friend had posted in 2010 that he had one so I've e mailed to see if he still has it.
I also found out that people are saying the handbook is rarer than the pistol but found a site with one on in German (could have been in Hungarian so its better in German!)

http://www.muzzle.de/N2/CO2/FEG_GPM-02/feg_gpm-02.hthl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;