F.E.G. GPM 02

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
I.J.
Marksman
Marksman
Re: F.E.G. GPM 02

Post by I.J. » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Im so please to hear that the Model 5 survived the onslaught, I mean gun smithing, of both you and John Gee Gee. I did hear a rumour that John once hurt his horse while he was shoeing it. :o :snooty: :D

It fell out of the vice. :dance:
I did ask him "Have you shoed a horse before?" and he replied "No! But I once told a donkey to p*** off."
Sec/founder Rivington Riflemen. www.rivington-riflemen.eu

zooma
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting
Lifetime Contributor to Shooting

Post by zooma » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:26 pm

I.J. wrote:Im so please to hear that the Model 5 survived the onslaught, I mean gun smithing, of both you and John Gee Gee. I did hear a rumour that John once hurt his horse while he was shoeing it. :o :snooty:

It fell out of the vice. :dance:
................that part could be true! :lol:
Feinwerkbau P40 Tricolour wanted.........still !
http://www.bobsairguns .com - proud to host the RMTC site since April 2011.

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:10 pm

[quote="I.J.]
The biggest problem is that there is not enough elevation adjustment on the rear sight. :think: The sights are easily stripable and I shall therefor modify them before its next outing - in June 2017. ;)[/quote]

Sight now modified. :dance:

Thank god for Araldite! :whistle:

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:42 pm

Ian
Just from the pictures it looks to be a much higher quality and better engineering finish than the normal eastern bloc, people think of the Berlin wall and think comminism collapsed with it there but Hungary was the country that realy caused the collapse. I competed in Europe in the 80's in my other sport circuit powerboat racing and the Hungarians were at all the big meetings, they were generaly the only Eastern bloc to do so and they had top level kit where as the others such as the Russian had fast rubbish that never finished.

Hungary opened its borders quietly many years earlier and later officialy when challenged, which forced the wall down, as people could officialy travel from East Germany to Hungary and then just freely walk out to the West.

Hungary was always different, and with a higher standard of living than the rest of the east and they never accepted communism and repeatedly opposed it and after in '59 when they found out that a revolution would not work, they then set about to just wear down the Russians and that did work.
I don't think this is a true eastern bloc offereing, I suspect the engineering is a big step above. The grip angle is very "free pistol", the only thing I can find on this pistol is a Gunstar add (may be this one) which refers to it as '90's, I do wonder if its earlier as it looks more 80's, very interesting and a good find for a collector.

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Well!!! I have just spent an interesting half hour after googling the gun name, it turns out there is a lot of info on them! I discovered that a friend had posted in 2010 that he had one so I've e mailed to see if he still has it.
I also found out that people are saying the handbook is rarer than the pistol but found a site with one on in German (could have been in Hungarian so its better in German!)

http://www.muzzle.de/N2/CO2/FEG_GPM-02/feg_gpm-02.hthl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I.J.
Marksman
Marksman

Post by I.J. » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Once again Robin thank you for such detailed information. :D Sadly the pistol didn't come with a owners manual :doh: but I already had the info from the link you provided. The pistol, while cased and complete with a few spares and the spanner only came with the 'tube' which allows the use of 2 x 8g CO2 bulbs. I have a plentiful supply of these as I also own an early Hammerli pistol.
I am presently sourcing the tube for this pistol which will allow the use of single 20g CO2 bulbs. ;)
The construction is very basic, no frills but this makes it easier to work on. No 'MyMums Own batteries' in the grip on this beaut!!! :P :snooty: :dance:

ATB
Ian :D