Walther lp52

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your pistols.
Billy n
Walther lp52

Post by Billy n » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:18 pm

Walther lp52 does this pistol exsist.?

pmh
Site Admin

Re: Walther lp52

Post by pmh » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:00 pm

There are a few posts on this around the net:-

>Link<

>Link<

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:21 pm

Billy n wrote:Walther lp52 does this pistol exsist.?
NO. Walther say no, no Walther documentation exists on this, no Walther brochures or sales documentation exists, Walther (a company with a great museum and a great history of which they are very proud, if it existed they would want one in their museum) have checked carefully and have stated categoricaly that it does not exist.

Not one Walther collector world wide has one or has seen one. Reports of one claim to have seen one comes from the US,(not a big Walther market for air pistols in the 50's) are at best unsubstantiated and very second hand. References in books have come from a reputable writer reporting myth and then other reputable authors quoting the first author as a source, and then others quoting him.

The theorists (who have no first hand experience of the company) claim a batch of 800 was made, Walther made only about 700 CP-1's but they are freely about, at least two owned on this site, so draw your own conclusions? I suspect they may have been a special design specificaly for shooting loch Ness Monsters or to be carried in pick up trucks in red neck areas to shoot aliens.

Tinbum

Post by Tinbum » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:25 pm

RobinC wrote:
Billy n wrote:Walther lp52 does this pistol exsist.?
NO. Walther say no, no Walther documentation exists on this, no Walther brochures or sales documentation exists, Walther (a company with a great museum and a great history of which they are very proud, if it existed they would want one in their museum) have checked carefully and have stated categoricaly that it does not exist.

Not one Walther collector world wide has one or has seen one. Reports of one claim to have seen one comes from the US,(not a big Walther market for air pistols in the 50's) are at best unsubstantiated and very second hand. References in books have come from a reputable writer reporting myth and then other reputable authors quoting the first author as a source, and then others quoting him.

The theorists (who have no first hand experience of the company) claim a batch of 800 was made, Walther made only about 700 CP-1's but they are freely about, at least two owned on this site, so draw your own conclusions? I suspect they may have been a special design specificaly for shooting loch Ness Monsters or to be carried in pick up trucks in red neck areas to shoot aliens.
This will keep you going until I get the Loch Ness Monsters phone number........

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php ... lther-LP52" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We're gonna need a bigger barn door!

RobinC

Post by RobinC » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:35 am

Beam me up Scotty!!