Bell target sights

A place to discuss and share pictures, reviews, of your rifles.
Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer
Bell target sights

Post by Tank » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:35 pm

Have been doing a bit (much) research on sights. I called and spoke to Ryan at Intershoot who was extremely helpful and he said that although he has a great deal of experience he has little knowlege of bell target shooting.
He suggested that rather than buy an expensive adjustable front iris, buy one of the fixed size ones - and the pink one they sell is extremely popular - but which one? They are not expensive if I get it wrong, a fiver, but no point in wasting money, what do you guys use? What size do you think would suit? I have heard that a 3.2 to 3.8 is a good size?
Anyone have any thoughts?

I have already decided on the Centra indoor rear iris as suggested by Ryan but it is the front sight that has me.
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:02 pm

Having tried a few rifles with different diameter reticules, I do prefer the ones which are just slightly bigger than the Bell Target hole.

The one I J had was the best of the bunch so far, but I found this one just slightly too small.

Not much help I know, but the next time he brings it in, measure the reticule and pick the next wider one.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH
I now have so many airguns I've had to make a list, which is >>HERE<<
>>North Manchester Target Club<<

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by zunmik » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:10 pm

pmh:2102 wrote:Having tried a few rifles with different diameter reticules, I do prefer the ones which are just slightly bigger than the Bell Target hole.

The one I J had was the best of the bunch so far, but I found this one just slightly too small.

Not much help I know, but the next time he brings it in, measure the reticule and pick the next wider one.

Kind regards,

Phil
The one in my Walther is just slightly bigger than the bell target ring i will measure it on friday & post it on here, M.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

Ian
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Post by Ian » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:13 pm

All being well I will be able to do a bit of shooting with mine at the weekend - Ill have a look at the front sight. Im not sure what make mine are - they were fitted to the XB78 when I bought it

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:18 pm

I do like the traditional steel ones, but modern offerings seem to be an etched perspex disk, or simply drilled.

>Intershoot< is a good place to look, and offers various types.

They often come up on ebay too.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

Tank
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Post by Tank » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:27 pm

This is the one I was talking about, Pink is the new black and a fiver is not the end of the world: http://www.intershoot.co.uk/acatalog/An ... t-345.html
graham.
I’m going off to go find myself. If I’m not back by the time I return, keep me here.
https://tamesidepistol.club/

zunmik
Pistoleer
Pistoleer

Elements?

Post by zunmik » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:11 pm

Checked mine today, the Walther has a plastic 3.4 mm one, and the "izzie" has a 3.8mm metal one, for me the difference in size does not make a significant change to how i shoot i quickly adjust to either one after a couple of sighters, M.
WALTHER LP3],Etc[/b], G0JVB ex G6MUI.

pmh
Site Admin

Post by pmh » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:38 pm

3.8mm sounds the perfect starter size.

Kind regards,

Phil
M0KPH

ikarma70

Re: Bell target sights

Post by ikarma70 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:11 am

When i got my anschutz, it had a 2.8 iris and i get on very well with that size.
I have tried 2.6 & 2.4 but found them too hard to stay on target so i refitted the 2.8 and started to get my results back up very quickly.